Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Chained commands and "deck" assignment

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

It seems in VDJ script, the "deck" definition is latched in chained commands.

Example mapping to a button on a novation dicer:
effect_active "echo" ? effect_active "echo" 0 & deck 1 effect_active "AnDJFade" 0 & deck 2 effect_active "AnDJFade" 0 : deck 1 effect_active "AnDJFade" 1 & deck 2 effect_active "AnDJFade" 1 & effect_active "echo" 1

The bold part is the interesting one. I want to enable an effect called AnDJFade on both decks and after that enable the echo on the deck the button has been pressed.
But echo is always enabled on deck 2. Therefore I assume the effect_active "echo" takes the deck from the last command in the chain instead of taking the deck on which the button has been pressed.

I wonder if this behaviour is desired, especially as there is nothing like "deck selected" to get back to the referred-by-the-button deck (except for a new query).

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 6:40 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There's no bug here,

Without a deck X qualifier, script will work from device_side or from the active_deck,
Is you dicer tied to a side?

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 6:54 am
yes, it has both sides. But the echo is always activated on deck 2 even if I press the button on the left side.

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 7:42 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Deck is indeed passed onto the following actions.
You could query the deck and split your action into one part for deck 1 and another for deck 2.
deck 1 ? (actions when executed from deck 1) : (actions when executed from deck 2)

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 2:53 am
I added a device_side 'left' ? cmd1 : cmd2 yesterday.
deck 1 ? ... does not seem to work as a substitute. Anyway I was able to achieve exactly what I want with the additional query.

Maybe a deck selected, which would turn back to the deck selected by the pressed button would be a nice feature for a later release?
... a deck all would also be of help ;-)

Thanks for the support!

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 2:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)