Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 - Opens/Loads but not displaying

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using VDJ 8 on Macbook pro running Mavericks, OSX 10.9.5. Hardware - Pioneer DJM5000 with Pioneer SEP controller
have really been enjoying VDJ8 until last night.
Was setup ready to go. miniaturised VDJ and moved it to the bottom of the screen to look at something else. went back to drag vdm back up and couldn't. closed VDJ. reloaded and now all i get is the VDJ percentage counting up in the logo, a white small box appearing on the screen then disappearing and no actual window showing VDJ!! when i go to the logo in the task bar it shows as being open because it will let me close it down.
i went to the extremes of removing vdm from the macbook and downloading the programme again, but the same thing happens. not impressed at all.
any help would be great.
thanks
Iain

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 5:38 am
Try deleting your settings.xml file (back it up first if there's anything crucial in there).

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 7:11 am
i also have VDJ 7.4 on the macbook. will the XML file be part of the 7.4 software or will it have its own file? also, where would i find this on a MAC?

cheers

Iain

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 7:59 am
The settings.xml is only used for/by VDJ 8 so it won't affect 7 at all.

It's in the default VDJ directory, where the database, effects, samples etc. are kept.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/INSTALL.html or on the Getting Started PDF guide, page 9.

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 8:09 am
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. I changed the file and all is now working.

Would still like to find out what caused the issue as it's got me on the back foot for using VDJ8 as my main play out software which in turn is holding me back from getting either a pioneer ddj sx2 or ddjsz.

Cheers

Iain

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 3:51 pm
The position of the VDJ window on screen is recorded in the settings.xml (which is why deleting it solved the issue).

You said that you "miniaturised VDJ and moved it to the bottom of the screen" - how did you miniaturise VDJ and how did you move it to the bottom of the screen?

On Windows PCs, using the minimize button makes VDJ "move to the bottom of the screen" (the task bar) and there's no need to move it manually.

Did you just use the Mac minimize button?

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 4:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)