Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: load APOI

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I only have a few tracks with a load point poi, but I've just noticed on first load (per session)

That the stuff prior to the load point isn't what is on the track at that position, it appears to have copied the music after the load point at 0%
A picture maybe clearer.

Oddly sometimes on first load there is no problem but most of the time there is.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 2:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What type of file is this?

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 12:24 am
CBR 320Kbps mp3, Would you like me to drop box it, along with DB info?
It could be just my machine, the British History museum keep asking me if they can exhibit it.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 12:46 am
Yes if you could I'll try what it does here. I wouldn't expect a problem like this with mp3...

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 1:55 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The "stuff" before the load point seems to be the stuff that comes after the load point.

I confirm this for mp4.

It seems just to be an optical thing.
If you go to a position before the load point, after the song has been loaded, the wave changes and displays correct.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 3:39 am
No not just a visual thing here, it's actually the music.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 4:09 am
No problem here :-/

If I go to a point before load point, VDJ corrects the wave and song plays just normal.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 6:45 am
It looks that a load point does not affect loading by itself here. (I still see the song loading from start to end, and it loaded correctly)
Do you start to play the song immediately? I tried this as well, and in this case it will first start loading from the load point, and when it reaches the end of the file go back to the beginning and continue loading from there.
In this case still in the end all the data (both audio and waveform) were correctly loaded though.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 6:45 am
Adion wrote :

Do you start to play the song immediately? I tried this as well, and in this case it will first start loading from the load point, and when it reaches the end of the file go back to the beginning and continue loading from there.
In this case still in the end all the data (both audio and waveform) were correctly loaded though.

In my case, I let it finish loading. But yes, it loads the part starting from load point, and the continues from the beginning.
I'm going to make a short video...

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 7:37 am
Usually I load the entire song before playing, I tried optimising and that cut the frequency of error, I tried changing the load priority to all 3 states but that made no difference.

Looks like it's an isolated case on a isolated track with my antiquated machine, it's no bother really, the load point is there for a reason.
It certainly odd though, sorry for wasting your time.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 7:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)