Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: where,s the Genres tabe in v.8 :(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently upgraded from v.7 to v.8 . I noticed I can't find the genres icon that used to be located right above itunes in v.7,any help would be appreciated.

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 4:35 am
Create a filter folder with a name like Genre and enter the following rule group by genre

It's no longer a hardcoded filter in v8 - you can use the more flexible FILTER FOLDER system to recreate it and much more. Have a look in the WIKI for more examples.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 4:43 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 5:27 am
Thanks guys I'm pretty good with computers but, I am little hesitant , do you have a step by step procedure for creating these folders ?

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 3:33 am
In the default skin you have a few symbols at the left side of the browser. Hit the 3. from top. (looks like a funnel)

In the poping up window enter the name for the filter for example: Genre the click ok and enter the search rule in the next window: group by genre

Set scope to Database.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 4:05 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You only have to (and in fact CAN) set the scope if the filter folder you are creating is nested in an other folder.
If you are creating the filter folder on the root path of the browser, the scope is automatically set to database.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 5:08 am
I was also concerned when I first downloaded v8. Try the link locodog gave you. It works great.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 11:01 am

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 3:12 pm
Working without issues here...

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 5:52 pm
I followed your directions step by step and still unsuccessful, this is what I get a blank screen.

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 7:04 am
Finally got it to work thanks for all the help guys.

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 12:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)