Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sound Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Windows just had 3 updates back to back for my machine on windows 8 (Asus R700V) While trying to set up for a gig tonight, everything was fine except, windows would fail on loading the Hercules RMX sometimes it recognized it. sometimes it said device was bad! I unplugged it. plugged it back in. Still 8 would not recognize the sound card. I switched USB cables. Same effect. Sometimes I would get audio but the controls would not operate. (sliders would not register or play/cue etc on the RMX) Lights only stayed on locked to initial start up. I tried using the internal sound card and was getting a buzz with no audio/very low muffled audio. I changed the 8 settings to internal sound card so you know. I then unplugged the HDMI cable and sound was perfect from the internal audio. But RMX still messing up. Windows obviously has fu**ed something up as usual! Please see what you find on your end. I do not think my RMX is bad and I will be borrowing a controller to test the theory. I believe as usual Microsoft has changed something internally!! My projector is an epson W1775. Using HDMI connection.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 9:43 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Check and see if windows set a restore point before doing the update. Maybe you can go back to how the computer was and see if there are still issues.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 10:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)