Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Import problem - wrong file type detected

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello;
A problem and a question:
1. When I imported (added to search database) my directory from Promo only (fully legal and downloaded directly from them) there are a number of files that show as mp4 but are listed as music files. Once they are played they switch over to video files. Why is this?
2. the question: I store my main database on a stay at home computer, then keep a copy on a external hard drive to take to shows. If I analyze the tracks is this information stored with the tracks? IOW, can I analyze it on my main computer, then recopy to the external hard driver or do I need to analyze them twice (on each machine it is running on) in order to make sure it works.
3. Also, is there a better/faster way to do this? At about 7 seconds per song my 6000 tracks will take about 11 hours or so - I don't really rely on the bpm numbers that much, but having them show up in searches is critical.

I use the main machine to test out features and learn better ways of using the software, I don't like to experiment on my gig laptop.

Also...does anybody else have trouble seeing if the "show music/karaoke/video" are selected/not? Wouldn't a different graphic (with a check mark or something) instead of a slightly darker grey be better?

Thanks!

Joe

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 4:14 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
1. That is because VDJ can't tell what filetype it is until the song is analyzed. Normal behaviour.
2. If you maintain the same folder structure on your home pc and on your external, yes. Just copy the files AND the database that is located on the drive the files come from.
3. No. (But 7 Seconds a song is really slow. It takes me between 1 and 2 seconds / song. Depending on the song length)

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 4:29 am
Your right on the time portion, it averaged out to about 3 seconds a song.
It seems to work well moving the hard drive back and forth from my main machine then using VDJ file operations on the hard drive, keeping notes and using explorer to make the same changes on my backup copy.
Just put the drive on whatever machine and it seems to work.
I am using virtual folders vs playlists and that seems to work better as well.

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 12:18 pm
Also, if anybody else searches and finds this thread, if there are karaoke songs that are showing up as videos you can change that in the tag info.

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 12:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)