Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Missing gain figure

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've just started experimenting with VDJ 8 and notice that the volume knobs in the mixer always stay at the middle position and the gain is always listed as -0.0dB. Mousing over the gain control does give a value however. Is this how its meant to be? I'm using a VDJ 7 4 deck skin as I prefer the simpler layout. The Native skin behaves the same way.
Is there any chance of a native simplified 4 deck skin with the player / loops / effects on a switchable button as in VDJ7 4 deck?
Loving the improved sound, not that VDJ7 sounded that bad most of the time

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 5:46 pm
sheppy99 wrote :
Is this how its meant to be?

Yes. The default setting is to have VDJ adjust the gain automatically to correct any tracks that may not be at the ideal level.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 5:58 pm
Just discovered this behavior is by design and can be changed in options, so apart from congratulations to the developers for bringing out a great sounding product, I'd like to ask for a simpler native skin similar to VDJ7 with ideally the loops / effects etc hidden away until they are needed.
Thanks

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 6:05 pm
The 7 skin should work OK in 8. Is there any reason why it doesn't suit your needs?

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 6:41 pm
Not really, I'm just not a fan of using legacy stuff if I don't need to as it often returns to bite you at a later date. Is there an easy way of shrinking the bar above the browser and below the main decks? I've edited the BMP in paint to remove the no longer needed Browser / Sampler / Effects / Record tabs and I'd like to reclaim the space if possible as its on a relatively small screened 1366 * 768 laptop

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 7:22 pm
Sounds like you did a good job!

If you're comfortable with editing the skin XML file then you could adjust the y co-ordinate and height of the browser to suit the modified BMP.

Use Paint to find the y co-ordinate of where you'd like the top of the browser to be, then look for the <browser> part in the skin XML file.

There'll be a <pos> and a <size> part which you need to change.

Replace the y= part of the <pos> code with the new y position, and then adjust the height= part of the <size> to compensate for the extra pixels (the difference between the old y and new y positions). You can just add it using + so if the new y is 20 pixels up from the old y and the height="320" then change it to height="320+20" for example.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 7:41 pm
Thanks for the detailed reply - I'll give it a go!

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 5:47 am
I've edited the XML file and ended up with
<size width="1346" height="350" />
<pos x="12" y="414"></pos>
Which sits the browser just below the outline of the bottom 2 decks on the 4 deck layout. This is on a 1366 x 768 screen
I also removed the Browser / Sampler / Effects / Record sections as they have moved elsewhere

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 12:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)