Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Latest built (2174) causing blue screen of death

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

in all the years that ive been using pc's to DJ i have never had a BSOD. today.. twice playing the same promo only video track that has played perfectly until now.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 11:24 pm
more info: Laptop is a 17" HP envy. 4th gen i7, 8 gb ram with touchscreen. controller is a MC6000mk2, All drivers are up to date. using the latest vdj8 build. 2174. did it playing the same video which i play often.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 1:33 am
I thought BSOD are caused by hardware issues...?

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 8:24 am
That's what I told em in his other post???? I think maybe I forgot.
Hardware failure or driver issue

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 11:59 am
what is the video causing this problem for you?
what are the specs of your machine??

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 10:13 pm
I have had the crash with different videos.. both promo only videos that were recently released. everything was fine until i downloaded the latest build. Before that these played flawlessly in both vdj 7 and 8

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 2:29 am
DJ Maxx, you should cross check with a previous build where you were not having a problem. BSOD can be caused by hardware or software problems and I have seen both over the years.

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 9:54 am
yeah, this has only happened with the latest build... something in it it causing a conflict. With every previous build i had no such issue. Luckily this issue isn't present in VDJ 7

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 1:55 pm
So since these BSOD started happening, you've reverted back to an earlier build and they stopped? You've also run VDJ 7 since the BSOD and it works OK?

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 2:02 pm
This is the error message that comes up. Just happened again after I played a video.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 9:05 pm
Here are the specs

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 9:08 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is nothing attached I'm afraid.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 9:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)