Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: cover on wheel, fruit skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

greetz,
current build 2162, the cover on the right deck is strange! I think it was reported in the beta thread at the time, but I'm still gettin it here now that it's public.
or have I missed an update somewhere?
thx
ray

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 7:09 am
Beta 2171 fixes it - but breaks other things. There will probably be a 2172 very soon.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 7:16 am
Thx Groovin

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 7:34 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Actually it requires a skin update from Fruit to fix :)

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 9:39 am
yup, seen it on the beta thread, Thx Scott

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 9:45 am
I thought the recent change was to do away with needing jogwheel cover masks?

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 10:23 am
No, it was so that <cover> now allows a clipmask. Previously we had to hack it using visuals and buttons to make it circular.

It may have been that because of layering in the skin, this skin bug wasn't noticed before and now it is.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 10:27 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Unfortunately I still encounter the bug on deck 2... Even with 2174... At home with a mobility radeon hd 3650, and also at work with a Intel(R) 4 Series Internal Chipset.

I'm ok that I must review the code according to the new cover mask... My concern is, if you ever opened the xml file of my skin you may have noticed that there's only ONE jogwheel... No mask problem on deck1, but mask problem on deck2, with the exact same procedure called twice... How may you explain that phenomenon ?

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 6:53 am
That reminds me of the problem I had with the button graphics on the skin I was updating... link to thread

The mask worked for the first button listed in the XML but not for the second one.

Zanard is having problems with his latest skin too - the corners of the cover art are appearing over the browser (which I though took priority).

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 6:57 am
@Fruit - i get the same/similar issue on Deck 1 also, the album art is pushing through.

@Groovin - Almost certain your issue with MixLab is unrelated. The issue you have is because it uses parts of the SDK that no longer work in V8, because V8 uses PNG graphics and relys less on masks.

Zanards skin is an easy fix, either enlarge the mask. Or use a visual color of black under the browser but above the platters.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 7:09 am
I was disapointed because the bug did not happen every time...

I just understoud how to make the bug still happen :

If VDJ is (re)started while the menu deck / wheel / art option is enabled, it will show the bug.

If VDJ is (re)started with the option unchecked, no bug.

@Dan : I talk about this :

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 7:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The mask on the right is a red ring with transparent background, the mask on the left is a blue ring with transparent background so they're not the same.
The clipmask expects a black/white graphic though.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 7:20 am
But the procedure that calls those two graphics is one and only...

So blue is good and red is dead ^^

Kidding. I must experiment I didn't have time yet.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 9:16 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You have a clipmask declared against the covers; that clipmask needs to be b/w :)

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 1:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)