Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: MIDI Clock out still not saving as of build 2162

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Right click on LoopBe internal MIDI Clock, select MIDI Clock Output, close and restart program, still not remember setting and have to reset.

Win 7 64 bit
VDJ8 build 2162.945

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 10:20 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Tested and working fine here with both real MIDI devices and loopBe1.

I'd recommend you delete your settings.xml and set things back up again.

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 5:05 pm
OK, I just tried that and it still doesn't work. Glad I made a backup of settings.xml first! Lots of mods.

Any other thoughts? I go to loopbe under controllers, click once so it's highlighted, right click, then select MIDI Clock output. It places a checkmark there. I go back and check (without closing VDJ) and there's a checkmark. I close the program and restart, there isn't.

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 5:43 pm
After you close VDJ, open your settings and see if there's any record of the MIDI clock.

Search for midiclockoutput, you should find a line like:

<controller name="SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0" mapper="SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0 - custom mapping" midiclockoutput="yes" />

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 5:58 pm
This is what I find:

<controller name="SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0" mapper="SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0 - custom mapping (1)"/>

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 6:07 pm
...when I open the program, select MIDI Clock Output and go read the settings.xml file with the program still open, it still shows the same thing I posted.

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 6:14 pm
OK, so it hasn't been saved for some reason. If you add it manually in the settings, does it appear when you open VDJ, and does it then persist between restarts?

<controller name="SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0" mapper="SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0 - custom mapping (1)" midiclockoutput="yes"/>

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 6:15 pm
OK, I added and saved it. I then started VDJ and it was there so that worked, thank you.

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 6:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)