Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Issues with VDJ8 Tags, loading artist, title, BPM etc, help?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have VDJ8 (version 8.0.0 mac build 2162.949), MacBook Pro notebook, OS X 10.9.5 running Mavericks. I have iTunes 11.3.1 (2) installed.

At first, I had a issue with my iTunes comments(edits) not transferring into VDJ8 after I already load tracks in VDJ8. After reading many forum postings here, I get it...I need to edit comments in VDJ, because iTunes comments will not transfer from iTunes after the track has been loaded in VDJ. That sucks, so much easier editing the tag information in iTunes.

1. So now I'm in VDJ trying to do my comments editing in VDJ rather than iTunes. I now am seeing that multiple tracks listed in iTunes, did not receive the BPMs analyzed in VDJ. Had to go back to iTunes and manually enter all missing BPMs. Not good.

2. The Artist, Genre, Grouping, Year, etc are missing in multiple tracks(not all tracks) in VDJ, even though, iTunes has the information listed.
3. The Titles names are missing in multiple tracks(not all tracks) in VDJ or the filename is listed as title i.e. (01Rock The House), even though, iTunes has the titles listed as I edited it in iTunes, "Rock The House (Part 1) (Clean)".

My Options/ Browser boxes are set at:
getTagsAuto - yes
setTagsAuto - yes
getTitleFromTags - yes
getCommentFromTags - yes
getTagFromZip - yes

I did the CMD A, retag and re-analyzed BPM...etc.....Please help!

Thank You in advance!

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 8:47 pm
I had the same problem. What I did to correct it is set the "Get Tags Auto" to no. Then when I go into the tag editor I can see the information next to a little up arrow pointing to a blank space. When I click on the little up arrow the information goes into the blank space and then shows on the browser. Not ideal but you get the info displayed.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 10:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)