Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Remix mode sample pads.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

olufemiPRO InfinityMember since 2010
How do I switch the remix mode sample pads between decks?
For example I load deck one and its remix mode sample pads are shown. I load deck 2 and would like to use the remix mode samples on deck 2 but cannot change from the remix mode sample pads for deck 1
It would be helpful if the sample pads can be selected based on the master deck.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 8:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Switch the selected deck (keyboard tab)

I'd not though, why can't the sampler handle both at once? No I'll rephrase that (because it can) why doesn't the sample handle all remix points from all decks?
I'm happy to be told why not, but it does have me scratching my head.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 9:49 am
Yup I'm wondering the samething here as well. Maybe they'll switch it up in the near future, I have faith they'll get this right.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 10:21 am
can you explain or direct me to info on remix mode...i dont even see the option for remix mode

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 9:40 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Go into the sampler and click the bank name, you'll see the remix option

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 2:21 pm
ok i think im looking for traktor style im used too, i see remix mode but i cant see how to use it...im used to just dropping the file on the remix deck in a slot and saving that set off samples as a remix set....and it basically played through channel 3 and 4 on my vci400 ( deck c remix deck=channel 3, deck d remix deck=channel 4) what is virtualdj method im stuck.
edit: nevermind i see the video, but i really wouldnt call it remix mode more like snap cue...nice try though...

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 4:19 pm
Yes, it would be a good feature to use decks 3 and 4 for remix mode samples.
Also, that would make the samples shows up in the CBG window and could easily be fine synced with the main decks.
I have never used Traktor though.
Found a youtube clip about remix mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9itjVvWl2W0

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 6:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)