Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Problems Recording

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When recording using virtual 8, after burning the disc, there is a hesitation at track changes. I have continuous checked when I'm creating the disc. What am I missing?

Thank you for your help.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 6:18 pm
use disc at once burning and if the software you are using has the options set the gaps between tracks to Zero

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 6:43 pm
The problem is in the recording. I hear the skips just the same when I'm playing the tracks in Windows Media Player.

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 6:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What software do you burn with?

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 7:37 am
Windows Media. This wasn't a problem with version 7. It happens on my Windows 7 machine as well as my Windows 8.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 10:37 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The problem isn't virtual dj it's the burning software.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 10:46 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i assume youre burning in MP3
and recording in mp3 and ARE YOU adding tracks to your recordings

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 11:46 am
If I record as wave would this make a difference? I'm recording as MP3 and burning the disc as a music cd.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 5:21 pm
Then you're losing out on quality. An audio CD should be burned from 16 bit 44.1 kHz WAV ideally. Doing it from MP3 you're not getting CD quality.

Mind you, if your source (music from VDJ) is MP3 then it won't make much difference - but at least you won't be getting the potential quality drop of recording MP3 to MP3 again.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 5:27 pm
I fixed the problem by recording as wave files. Thank you for the help.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 5:31 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Gregscot1969 wrote :
If I record as wave would this make a difference? I'm recording as MP3 and burning the disc as a music cd.

record into WAV and burn into WAV... only way you can have continuous music on a CD with tracks.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 8:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)