Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Automix start cue bad on some files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using VDJ 8 with the latest PC build I have encountered a strange problem. When using Automix (fade into/outro, 0 sec) some of my files do not cue up right. The only way I can fix the file is when it is waiting to be played go into the BPM Editor and click on /2 or X2. This action puts the cue back where it should be. Now if I take that same file and put a different file in front of it the file will cue right. All the files that I have trouble with are short, 4 seconds to 30 seconds in length.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 10:35 am
I know there used to be an issue with POI markers when you did a batch analyze... If you analyzed songs one at a time, things worked better.

Try this: Copy that MP3 to a different file and then upload it again and run a batch analyze and see if the POI looks correct. Maybe there is still some issue with files already analyzed??

joe...

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 5:14 pm
When this problem happens the POI can not be moved. The only way to adjust it is to go to BMP Editor and either click on reanalyze, click on /2 or click on x2. And as I said the same bad file mysteriously becomes good if I insert a different file behind it in the automix mode.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 6:32 pm
I misspoke in the above post. I stated I could not move the POI which is not the case. The case is that the POI cue shows correctly. The file when waiting to play on the deck shows the mis cue; too far to the right.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 6:54 pm
If I have time over the weekend, I'll poke around and see if I'm experiencing the same problem. VDJ is a complicated system....

joe....

Posted Sat 28 Feb 15 @ 12:11 pm
Thanks Joe. It is an annoying problem in that these short files are good one time and then bad another depending on what file I place in front of them....

Posted Sat 28 Feb 15 @ 2:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)