Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Relocate missing file issue with deck Error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If I try to load a file which doesn´t exist anymore with that filename, it will be marked (crossed) and the deck show "error".

I can then click on "Relocate missing file" which remove the cross and the database is now fine again.

I problem that now exist is, that I am still completly unable to use the relocated file. The Deck show "error" even if I use another deck or unload the file first.
--> I am not able to play the file during that VDJ session anymore.
The only solution I know is to restart VDJ. Then everthing work again.

Could you clear the "error" after "Relocate missing file" please? Or is there another solution?

Thank you.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 12:43 pm
Further to this, I've just been testing things here and found that not only does the track not load, but despite being able to scan it once relocated, opening any of the editors results in no waveform, just a black space. VDJ clearly knows the file is there because you can scan it.

I also tried removing it from the VDJ database and re-adding it (using the VDJ right click options), but it still wouldn't load.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 1:00 pm
i have noticed the same issue yesterday as well

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 2:10 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Did that just appear with latest beta?
Because I didn't have those problems with earlier builds.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 3:56 am
I don't know. I only tested it to confirm what sushifix had said.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 4:36 am
This problem exsit at least since Jan and was last testet from me with beta 2162.

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 8:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not able to reproduce.
If I have an unavailable track in a playlist, and use relocate, then load the file it loads fine.

If I load the file to the deck first, then it requires first to unload the deck or load a different track, but after that I can drag the relocated file from the playlist to the deck without problem.

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 9:52 am
Okay, new Test with Build 2162:

The only way that work is 5a/6a. 5b/6b will end that you are not able to load the file.

0. Play a file more than 45sec.
1. Stop VDJ
2. Rename File
3. Start VDJ go to history folder and load the file --> shows error
4. Select "relocate missing file"
5a. Try to load the file where the deck shows error --> still error
6a. Unload "this" deck, try again work now.
5b. Try to load the file on any other deck shows error (why?)
6b. Unload do not help now, you are not able to load that track in any deck.

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 1:15 pm
chanserPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I put ALL my music on a NEW Hard Drive - "Error" - no file when loading - WHAT is the QUICK steps for CLEARNING the Cache Memory so the "old" ghosted files are gone?

thank you!

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 11:06 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If it's the same folder structure, VDJ should be able to recognise your files. Even if the drive letter changed.
But that is not an automated process. The filepath is corrected if you browse a folder.

If you just copied your files to a new hdd, opened VDJ and searched for a song, it might not load.

So please do the following:

On the left folder browser in VDJ select your root folder where your music is stored on the new hdd. Do a rightclick and select recurse.
Now search for a song again and drag it to a deck.

Does it load?

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 3:22 am
chanserPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I created a NEW File Structure on New Drive.

I did RECURSE - however, I still have a LIST of songs from the OTHER drive.

Is there a WAY to start V-DJ with a FRESH/NEW slate - delete the CACHE - then I will reload, add to search database & recurse?

Thank you!

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 11:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Use the round browser options button on the left toolbar of the browser (just above the A+/A- buttons) and select Database->Remove missing files from search db.

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 12:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)