Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Milkdrop Issue - should be able to duplicate

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using windows 8.1, 6gb ram, i7, 1gb dedicated video, latest VDJ8 build, pioneer DDJ-SR as a controller. Directx 9c runtime components installed.

BLACK SCREEN BUG

- A black screen will happen when mixing from video (mp4) to audio (mp3) *IF* you *specifically* use the play button to start the audio only track. If you use a cue button to start the song, it doesnt happen.

- once the screen is black, it will stay black from mp3 to mp3 and the video effects button locks up

- if you load a video (mp4) into the next deck during black screen, the video effect button unlocks, and you *could* manually start milkdrop, however, after a few times doing this it causes a full software crash.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 10:10 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Nope, doesn't happen here.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 1:35 pm
So if just the action of using the play button is causing a black screen when mixing out of video into audio only, what can it be? Why would only the play button cause this?

When I use a cue point to start a song it doesnt happen. ...but when I press play on my *ddj-sr* the the little screen below the main screen appears to activate for a second with what appears to be another instance of milkdrop then goes black THEN the video effect menu locks up and you cant even restart or stop anything, unless you load a video which appears to reset it.

Please note, I'm a PHP programmer and also Im extremely familier with Windows, as in I know how to use a computer and understand the language happening behind the scenes. I'm fairly confident this isnt me or my settings as Ive seen other people note this issue in the VDJ group on facebook.

It seems to me that its something to with the trigger of "audioonlyvisualisations" by pressing the play button and a 2nd instance of milkdrop runs and crashes it.

What set up are you using where it doesnt happen for you?

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 6:35 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Attempted to replicate with mouse/keyboard setup, NS7-II setup and CDJ2000NXS setup without success.

Does the happen with other visualisations too, like slideshow for example?

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 7:50 am
Yes it does ... BUT and update just came out and it looks like it may have been addressed IN THE LAST UPDATE. I'm doing all three video, mp3, and karaoke, tomorrow. I'll report back!

Posted Sat 28 Feb 15 @ 11:13 pm
I'm happy to report, the issue HAS BEEN FIXED! Thanks VDJ Team! Just in time for my 10,000 person event!

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 9:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)