Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: BPM NOT STEADY IN TIMECODE MODE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi , i still have my BPM moving when i pitchbending with my jogwheel in timecode mode :-/
I use vdj with a djm 750k + cdj 2000 nexus

Does someone else have this probleme

I wonder if i use turnetable the problem will be the same?

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 3:42 am
Why didn't you use the CDJs in MIDI/HID Mode ?

Would be much easier to use i would think.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 3:50 am
I use it already in HID mode , but i want to be able to use it in timecode mode too, its better to have a plan B :-)

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 4:12 am
Correct me if i am wrong - pitchbending means exactely what you describe: changing of the BPM while using.

How do you think it should react ?

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 4:39 am
You are right, i just expect the song slow down or accelerate when i move the jogwheel without changing the BPM like in HID mode.
I dont understand 0_O

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 4:45 am
Do you expect a car to travel faster or slower with the speedometer moving? :-)

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:03 am
Ok you might right, but try to explain to me why in HID when i move my jogwheel my BPM is steady ???? and not in timecode mode?
in my car if i want to go faster i use the the accelerator pedal, so in virtual for me its the Pitch not the jogwheel ? no????

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:51 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In HID the software gets information from the pitch slider position and the jogwheel independently.
In timecode mode, the only thing the software gets is the speed, but it doesn't know if it is because you moved the pitch slider, or because you used pitch bend.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 6:17 am
thank you very much Adion for the explanations that have had the merit of being clear , so I can deduce that in timecode mode this phenomenon is quite normal :-)
Can I expect an improvement of the system ?

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 6:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)