Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: can we have a drag and drop replace function?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I've been updating nearly 100 videos this weekend and am tired of having to trawl through my red folders deleting out the "x" deleted files and finding their replacements. Surely a more convenient fix would be to supply us with a "drag and drop" feature where the file being dropped replaces the file beneath (and the whole database with all of the red virtual folders and possibly even the playlists gets updated with the new replacement) - I know it's a big ask... but you never know until you try - otherwise each time I have sourced better material it becomes a pain updating my lists.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 12:59 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
So it sounds like you don't use iTunes as the media organizer. Because of that I don't know if this trick (from itunes) will work.

In iTunes, I can delete the source file (old or lower quality). Then I open iTunes and I click on the orphaned link (because you deleted the file) in the browser, I click "locate" the moved or deleted file. But I just point it to the new file (better quality) and all links to the old file in exsisting playlists now point to the newer better file. Plus once you locate the file it re reads the song tag, so it is almost as good as if you added the file the right or normal way.

I know it is not your idea but this saves allot on the playlist shuffle... Just an idea as there may be a way to locate orphaned browser links. Hope this helps.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 5:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)