Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: No sound in editors (POI, BPM, Automix)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using the main screen, I have no problems with sound. Load tracks into decks, play, mix, crossfade, blah blah blah, all works perfectly. But when I open one of the editors, either the POI, BPM, or Automix editors, and press play there, the line starts moving across the screen as if the track is playing, but I get no sound. Is there something special I need to do to get the sound playing in an editor?

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 12:45 pm
And of course once I post about it, I figure it out. I guess the output from these editors goes purely to the headphones source, so once I added that to my config, I was good. That's not my typical configuration when just sitting around at home editing, but it works.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 1:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What gear are you using? Show us a screen shot of your audio config, in a couple of set ups you need to include a headphone output. It's tricky to say what to do without knowing your setup.
*Wow I was pratting about for +14 minutes*

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 1:22 pm
good one loco ... lol

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 1:25 pm
To be honest, when you don't have a "headphones" entry on your sound setup, trying to activate any of the editors should pop-up a warning message asking you if you want their sound to come over from the master.
This pop-up appears only ONCE per session. If you answer yes, then the sound will play through master.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 8:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)