Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Can a Denon MC6000MK2 be both ASIO & WDM at same time?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there a way we can use the Denon's ASIO for playback yet choose WDM for recording? Reason I want to take the line in and feed to a lighting control module and record the audio as well.

The WDM appears too much latency for my liking esp if I want to learn scratching and etc. I have not tried ASIO4ALL yet.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 11:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You'd have to try as it will depend on the ASIO driver if it allows WDM still to be used at the same time.
With WASAPI it should be possible to get latencies very similar to ASIO though, just make sure that exclusiveAudioAccess is set to yes, and change latency to a similar value you would use with ASIO. (Depending on the device and your computer, 128 samples could be possible)

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 1:46 pm
Would I lose anything otherwise if I dropped ASIO? I noticed both mic & rec are WDM 1 & 2 (not 1&2, 3&4).

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 5:32 pm
I don't use Asio with my vestax controller I use wdm. I don't notice any difference in sound or response , I am not a scratch dj though, I think Asio might give a bit lower latency than wdm

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 1:59 pm

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 2:11 pm
Since we're talking about DENON...
Short answer: NO.
Denon DJ ASIO for Controllers take over WASAPI mode and you can't use both ASIO and WASAPI.
Also, these drivers are buggy and if you don't use "Line in's" on your sound configuration they become extremely laggy (we had a discussion about this some time ago)

What you're trying to achieve could be made a lot easier if you just decide to use a second soundcard (even your laptop's built in soundcard)
Just run a cable from Booth output back to a line-input and set this input for recording or for use with your lighting program.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 8:27 pm
I was thinking about the idea of a 2nd card but was hoping against it. Guess my bad for buying a Denon... So what hope do we have or should I just dump it for something else?

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 9:03 pm
To be honest, most devices I'm aware off will "cut-off" WASAPI mode when they use ASIO. So, it's not a DENON thing only...
After all, that's how ASIO is supposed to work ;)
And running a second cable (especially if your laptop has a line-input) is not that bad. You can buy a cable with aprox the same length as your USB cable and stick them together if this is something you're going to need frequently...

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 9:21 pm
That will make for having a laptop line out (WMP, utoob, etc) and I can both record the way I want AND send audio to the DMX. Win win... I guess. But sometimes I use booth out for wireless/remote speakers.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 9:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)