Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Browser Column title and Track info disapears

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I installed VDJ 8 on my laptop which I have been running VDJ 7 with no problems.
with version 8 if I try to resize my Browser column widths the text on the header of the column and the text dissapears.
If I shrink the column to the width of the header / column name, the text comes back, but naturally it is to small to read and cliped off at the width of the column.

I have tried all the setting on the browser columns, fixed, scroll, shrink and smart

this setup is a
Dell
Win XP
seervice pack 3
4 gig ram

it works fine on my win 7 laptop, but this one is my backup

any help wouild be great

Thanks
Al

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 1:39 pm
goto options turn on advanced then search -> browserTextFit

set this to fixed and try again

might help with the issue

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 3:11 pm
Thanks for the help, but I already tried all the text settings

anyone else have any thoughts

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 10:16 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
There is indeed a settings for that. It's called "readOnly". So please check what value you set for the readonly setting.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 3:58 am
@mrdjal, what skin are you using and what screen resolution is your XP laptop?

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 9:49 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
please check the hardware spec´s and drivers of your videocard. hw acceleration should be supported

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 9:53 am
groovindj wrote :
@mrdjal, what skin are you using and what screen resolution is your XP laptop?

I have try the default skin to the red 5.2 skin
the laptop was set at 1024x768 then i update the video drivers to solve the issue and tried all the wqy up to 1280x800
and still the same issue,

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 11:31 pm
RobRoy wrote :
please check the hardware spec´s and drivers of your videocard. hw acceleration should be supported

Hey RobRoy
I checked the hw acceleration, it is set to max, i took it down several settings to try but never helped.
I downloaded directx 9, still no luck

one thing I noticed, with VDJ 8 open and I clicked on the max button twice, VDJ dropped from full screen, then the text worked betteron the columns, as soon as i hit max again, the text on most of the columns disappeared again.

any other input would be helpful

Thanks

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 12:28 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You are now using a dedicated vdj 8 skin right?

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 1:47 am
@mrdjal, you should only run your computer graphics at the correct resolution for your screen - so if the screen is 1024x768
then the resolution of your OS should also be set to 1024x768.

Ideally you should also use a skin of the same resolution. Most VDJ 8 skins are 1920x1080 and don't always resize well for use on smaller screens.

My laptop is 1280x800 so I have resized one VDJ 8 skin to that resolution and also use VDJ 7 skins which are 1280x800.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 9:16 am
PachN wrote :
You are now using a dedicated vdj 8 skin right?

yep I am using the default version 8 skin and other ver 8 skins

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 10:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
@mrdjal, you should only run your computer graphics at the correct resolution for your screen - so if the screen is 1024x768
then the resolution of your OS should also be set to 1024x768.

Ideally you should also use a skin of the same resolution. Most VDJ 8 skins are 1920x1080 and don't always resize well for use on smaller screens.

My laptop is 1280x800 so I have resized one VDJ 8 skin to that resolution and also use VDJ 7 skins which are 1280x800.

I purchased the resizer a while back, do you know if it will work on version 8 skins

Thanks
Al

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 10:51 pm
Results will depend on the skin.

If the skin uses lots of the new code options which were added for VDJ 8 like group, define, cover, window, split etc. then those parts will be ignored because the resizer won't understand them. If the skin was written in the same way as skins for VDJ 7 and earlier (which it's still possible to do) then the resizer will have no problem.

When I resized a VDJ 8 skin, I ended up having to recode lots of parts by hand.

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 4:13 am
groovindj wrote :
Results will depend on the skin.

If the skin uses lots of the new code options which were added for VDJ 8 like group, define, cover, window, split etc. then those parts will be ignored because the resizer won't understand them. If the skin was written in the same way as skins for VDJ 7 and earlier (which it's still possible to do) then the resizer will have no problem.

When I resized a VDJ 8 skin, I ended up having to recode lots of parts by hand.

Groovin
Thanks
I will just move to my backup laptop which has Win 7, It's hard to find a skin that I am 100% satisfied with.
I tried to resize one of the version 8 skins ( cant remember the name ) and got an error message when converting.
I don't use a lot of the features on most skins, so I am looking for one I can see more browser with. When I decide which one I want to use, I may ask the creator if i can pay to have it tweaked.

heck I used the red 5.2 skin over the weekend just to see what I would miss, and it did fine. I would like to have a lil more control then just the red 5.2 skin though LOL.
FYI, I mostly use ones with more browser area.

Thanks for all the input

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 8:00 am
Have a look at Controller by DennYo. That can be switched to have a pretty big browser area.

V8 but by FRUiT is another which can not only be switched to show more browser.....but it has two browser zoom modes.

djtouchdan has a Browser Zoom skin too.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 9:13 am
groovindj wrote :
Have a look at Controller by DennYo. That can be switched to have a pretty big browser area.

V8 but by FRUiT is another which can not only be switched to show more browser.....but it has two browser zoom modes.

djtouchdan has a Browser Zoom skin too.

Thanks I 'll check them out

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 4:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)