Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Disconnection of Bluetooth speakers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When using virtual dj just to listen to music at home, I often use a Bluetooth speaker. When I unplug the speaker from the wall socket, most other programs continue to play music thru the laptop speaker instead , since the Bluetooth speaker has effectively disconnected. Virtual dj however just crashes.

Low priority for this one as this would never be a problem whilst djing live to a crowd but I thought I'd point it out!

Cheers

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 1:31 pm
Hi Boothy, I use a Bose SL111, of course if I have the audio settings to speaker only/Bose and turn the speaker off VDJ freezes until I give it another audio output, but it has never crashed on me
build 2151, pc, win 8.1

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 7:26 am
Maybe it freezes rather than crashes. I'll recreate it and see. It certainly doesn't just default over to the laptop Speakers. I use a controller to dj anyway, this is just when I put a playlist on atomic whilst knocking about at home so it's no big deal

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 8:15 am
okidoki

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 8:43 am
I admit it would make sense for VDJ to pick another audio interface when the one it's using fails (for whatever reason).

Which one to pick though? Maybe there should be an option to flag one as default and another as backup, so VDJ knows what to do.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 9:18 am
+1

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 9:40 am
I think it's a crash rather than a pause as I have to close and restart vdj to get it going again. Simply pressing play doesn't work

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 6:06 am
what happens if you open the audio config and choose another soundcard/output?
does it then begin to play again?

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 6:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)