Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: WAVEFORM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Having trouble with waveform showing on either deck with some music videos. the waveform will not show or will only slightly show on the decks. the video seems to play fine but it will not end most are wmv files

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 10:10 pm
I have also noted the files show that they are huge like 246 minutes long when it s only a 4 minute song . As previously stated they are wmv files. Any suggestions? I tried converting a couple to mp4 and they load correctly. I would to have to do that to several hundred files.

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 12:37 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe that is a bug with wavefiles, but you could try to set the option "maxPreloadLength" to -1

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 3:41 am
stick141 wrote :
I have also noted the files show that they are huge like 246 minutes long when it s only a 4 minute song . As previously stated they are wmv files. Any suggestions? I tried converting a couple to mp4 and they load correctly. I would to have to do that to several hundred files.

Are these files analyzed for BPM e.t.c. ?
If they are analyzed and show the wrong time, then you need to upload a file or two for us to test them why they don't get analyzed properly.

If they are not, then please analyze your files first because it seems that their "tags" report a wrong time and VirtualDj by default won't pre-load in memory such long files.
Analyzing them will make VirtualDj detect the correct duration of the files and pre-load them just fine...

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 5:24 am
Thank you analyzing the bpm worked they load properly now.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 12:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)