Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Possible bug: Video Sampler Fader issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've run into a behaviour that was not happening in prior builds (can't say when exactly it started as I don't frequently do video shows - but I noticed it for the first time two weeks ago).

I use clips in the video sampler when playing audio files. Video samples won't display unless I have the volume for the sampler set to full. I have the video upfader link set to off in options (and it is off for the decks) but it remains on for the sampler. As some of the samples I use have background audio - that's a wee bit of a problem for me...

Looking for suggestions or a fix. Thanks!

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 6:47 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This is by design; if you lower the gain on your audio sample then you won't have to reduce the sampler volume and your samples will then display without fading :)

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 7:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
But you want to have the gain of the sample to be set at 0db for cases when it's played in solo and then drop the volume slider for cases when multiple samples are used.

The current Atomix company line on sample gain is lousy, incorrect and makes work.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 7:33 pm
So by design the video sampler ignores what I have specifically set in options? That seems rather counter-productive, but okay, assuming I follow that line and want to adjust the gain of the sample, is there somewhere outside the sample editor to do that? Because the video samples I downloaded won't access the sample editor - some sort of error about compressed sample packs?

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 7:40 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
No. The limiter will drop out anything played at too great of a volume. The advice given was sound.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 7:51 pm
TearEmUp - I don't think you understood the problem if you think the limiter is in any way involved. I'm trying to get a video sample to play without volume. I can't leave the volume of the sampler down because that now forces the sample to black AND and I can't access the gain control to turn the volume down as the sample editor won't load for these samples.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 7:56 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Unzip the samples and you can edit them

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 8:19 pm
I agree it's daft that we're expected to adjust gain (which then requires a save) instead of being able to adjust volume on the fly and have it remembered (as it was in VDJ 7).

With this particular situation though, it's even more ridiculous.

Why shouldn't someone be able to play a video sample without sound by lowering the sample volume? That's how you'd expect it to work.

It's sample volume - why is it fading the video out? :-/

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 10:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)