Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Delay after releasing turntable (with mouse)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have noticed sometimes when scratching on the turntable with mouse then releasing the mouse click, there is a slight delay until the turntable starts to play again. This doesn't happen all the time, but it's still noticeably annoying. This bug doesn't happen when scratching with the mouse on the waveform. I don't know about controllers as I didn't try one with Virtual DJ.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 9:56 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is probably not a bug.
Check out the options "touchWheelForwardspin" and "touchWheelBackspin".

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 4:02 am
I thought those options only affect controllers and not mouse & keyboard? I have tried changing both "touchWheelForwardspin" and "touchWheelBackspin" to on and off, no difference whatsoever when scratching with a mouse, I don't own a controller so I didn't try that. The problem I described in the first post is not the delay that you think of, you know the one that happens when you spin a real turntable and wait for it to regain it's normal spinning speed. I'm pretty sure my problem is a bug, it doesn't happen too often but it can ruin your flow when scratching.
Check out this video I posted a while back in the forums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8CwHUMtAwo , when I scratch on the waveform the sound is fine, but when I touch the turntable the sound becomes distorted. I still have the same problem even after the recent updates. I thought it could be tied to the delay problem I described above.

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 10:48 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
rampScratchTime may be the other delay you are experiencing.
It simulates vinyl by adding a short ramp down/ramp up when you touch/release the platter.

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 11:06 am
I have rampScratchTime set to 0 since I first started using VDJ 8 so it's not that either.

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 11:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)