Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pretty stable!... however these things are flowkillers......: (plz fix or advice workaround)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

last night I took the latest Beta 39 for a 5+ hour spin.. Pretty good and ok. So thats positive. However...

* Line input button color when using custom button : please make it more clear when its ON or OFF [[[ I use a custom button btw]]]] (deck color lit = on, off= off) now its unclear hazy shizzle

* sampler beat sync logic: is like my ex girlfriend... Beats me... sometimes it syncs, but when I cut the volume, sync is immediately lost. Hardly usable like this. Needs a less rigid switch of masterdeck tempo thingy... Especially in a 4 deck Config its losing sync pretty much all the time, or no logic what its switches to

* Sample when selected to a deck output: please make EQ apply to sampler too

*Sampler: need per sample trigger modes

* would be great to have a sampler view thats movable, always there or at least apart from sidelist. I want to always see my sampler. Now I have to switch between sidelists & sampler all the time

*Sampler: need a new HYBRID trigger mode: press short: HOLD mode(just as long as you press it) , press a bit longer: ON/OFF mode (play till end) : for rhythmic P P P P PPPPP Put your hands up stuff (im a percussionist)

* changing KEY indicator (from 4B to A#min) should change on all decks, not just one deck

* CUE points: need a security setting: (no on the fly deleting) now I dont use them its too easy to accidentally delete one

* CUE points: (the 6 buttons next to the deck) need a SELECT MODE, not immediately play. I want to select a cue, press play to check... then play.. Not press CUE and it plays immediately.. Thats what CUEing is about imho

* even in security off mode (not asking permission to change song) the shut down program red cross, should ALWAYS als for a security question (are you sure?)

*browser: an option to change font / browser background & text color (as a standard feature, not special skin)

please think about these options, I play 15+ hours a weekend with VDJ, I really need these improvements. Thanks already

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 6:12 am
How are these bugs?

A lot of that stuff is skin specific. Change skins or modify whatever you're using and problem solved.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 6:20 am
how do I "modify" that. Im a musician / DJ not a coder. any HELP would be appreciated.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 7:54 am
A month ago you were saying that you wanted to learn skinning. Have you given up already? :-)

As I said, you could simply change skins and use one that's more suited to your needs.

For skins mods, the skin forum is the place to post requests.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 8:08 am
I pretty much agree 100% with your sampler suggestions.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 9:18 am
Def. not bugs..

Read the manual. Changing font size and other info is in there.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 9:32 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
locking cues is there too

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 9:41 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
djmagicmoments wrote :
Read the manual.

Solid advice there. I know you work "15 hours a weekend" DJing. There are a lot of very active DJs on these forums. That still leaves four days mid-week to invest in learning how to correct things for yourself. It has the added advantage of, allowing you to make adjustments on the fly.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 9:41 am
groovindj wrote :
How are these bugs?

A lot of that stuff is skin specific. Change skins or modify whatever you're using and problem solved.

I always use a 4 deck skin some features are actually hidden in the 4 deck skin. my bad

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 5:18 pm
groovindj wrote :
A month ago you were saying that you wanted to learn skinning. Have you given up already? :-)

As I said, you could simply change skins and use one that's more suited to your needs.

For skins mods, the skin forum is the place to post requests.

I did.. until i found out how it was done: no editor / just xml coding blabla no time for that. If there was a decent editor like for V7 I would make my own skin. Any suggestions are welcome. Otherwise I think I might be posting a cash payment for someone who will make my skin the way I want it. I havent got the time.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 5:20 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
djmagicmoments wrote :
Read the manual.

Solid advice there. I know you work "15 hours a weekend" DJing. There are a lot of very active DJs on these forums. That still leaves four days mid-week to invest in learning how to correct things for yourself. It has the added advantage of, allowing you to make adjustments on the fly.

I HAVE read the manual. some issues can be solved by changing skin (I am on a 4 deck skin) lot of stuff is 2 deck skin only so that's basically my bad. other stuff I mentioned like
sampler deck outputs not having deck EQ's are simply design flaws imho.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)