Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Get Artist Title from Filename

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Maybe somebody can tell me if I can change the way VDJ loads tag information from file (with the button "Get Artist/Title from Filename"

Most file I have are like "Title-Artist" and not "Artist-Title", so I like to reverse the order.

Many thanks.
Sascha

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 12:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Most (if not all) music is Title - Artist, are you sure V8 pulls the info in the way you say?

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 3:04 pm
I'd say about 98% of my audio and videos are "Artist/Title"......

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 4:04 pm
Yeah........ Artist - Title is the "industry standard" (© Pioneer marketing dept).

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 4:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sorry wrong way round, artist album track

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 6:11 pm
even if it is standard - I think so too - , that was just a question, because many tools ask for the format or you can change it.
Also if files include the album name, you will not able to use the read from filename like it is now.

So I can see a reason why this is (or sould be) configurable.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 11:37 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 1:08 am
You could use tag editing software (such as Tag&Rename) to swap title and artist around, before importing to VDJ.

Remember VDJ is software for DJs to play back music and video files. It's not Adobe Audition or Premiere. Just like Notepad is not Word.

My mobile phone can take pictures - but it's not as good at the job as my DSLR.

"Use the right tool for the job" :-)

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 1:51 am
Of course I use the right told for that. It is more when you are playing music and just see that title-artist are wrong or mixed up.

I will place the idea there.

Thanks anyway to known that this can not be configured.

Sascha

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 6:10 am
I use third party software to edit my tag records. I use the file format "Title - Artist". With respect to Mp3 files, Virtual DJ has no problem
importing the correct tags into it's internal database. However, with respect to Flac files Virtual DJ always gets the Title & Artist info
backwards when importing information into the File Info database (even though the flac file's tag information is correct.) Is there a fix?

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 11:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)