Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Latest Build crashes when scrolling through music folders [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The latest build (sorry I don't even know how to find out which it is) updated 1/26/15 seems to be crashing VDJ8 on my MacBook Pro with Denon MC 3000 controller when I scroll through the music folders looking for music. It happens whether I use the mouse on the Mac or the scroll know on the Denon MC3000. It appears that the program crashes when I scroll to a folder that was recently updated in ITunes with some new songs. How can I roll back to the previous build, please?
Thanks
Duane

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 5:27 pm
Just saw issue in other post regarding Beta build 2135.917 and this is the build I'm using so I assume my issue is related to this and hopefully will be fixed upon next issue release.
Thanks

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 6:34 pm
I am having the same issues. I am using a laptop with windows 7 and vdj 8 (build 2135.917). It only seems to crash when I try to access a new music folder which I added after the update. I never had this kind of problem on the previous build.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 6:36 pm
Yes exactly the problem and I believe they are working to resolve this on the next build! At least I certainly hope so!

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 11:52 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 3:37 am
I am very pleased to say that this problem has now been resolved with the latest update (build 2136.918). This is what the change log says has been done to rectify the problem:-
'Fix regression causing crash reading some id3 comment tags'

Thanks to the dev team!

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 6:06 am
YAY! Thanks Dev team!!! Keep up the great work! Cheers!

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 1:22 pm
Found it was still happening but then you added new 2136 Build and ALL is GOOD! Thanks very much!

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 6:27 pm
oohyeahPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 10:02 pm
take off .918

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 5:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)