Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Broadcast crashes Virtual DJ with ShoutCast

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

While running broadcast in Virtual DJ, when my ShoutCast server reboots or restarts then Virtual DJ will close and terminate itself. I am running Yosemite OS X. I noticed that my ShoutCast server reboots each night at midnight so the Virtual DJ closes, too. I running a broadcast 24/7 so I need Virtual DJ not to terminate.

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 8:53 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I'm so sorry but guess there is actual nothing we can do.
VDJ does not have a reconnect feature and not really build for just automated use only.

To solve your problem you will need to tell the server not to reboot or to do this when you are around.
So you can reconnect VDj and it will run again.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 2:25 am
as stated above its true about vdj wasn't built for automation , however I too also use vdj as a pro broadcaster on live365.com and I would think since vdj does have the broadcast radio server built into the software the automix need too consider broadcasters needs as it does with djing etc I was told when 8 came out that plans to add more feature to broadcast would come this would be a more enhancement to the software and would attract more users

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 8:18 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I'm sure if it is possible to fix, our developers will do it.
BUT i have no idea when or if ever they will be able to do this.

The good news is, they are around here and so i'm in a positive mood this will happen.

But also when they can fix the crash, you will still need to reconnect VDJ to server.
So for me the better solution would be to stop the automated server restart or schedule this to a time where you can stop/start VDJ.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 3:46 am
We also need a aacplus encoder for some radiowebsites.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 7:32 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 3:57 am
He has been (the only one) asking since 2013.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 4:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)