Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Beta Build 2135.917 [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ8 Beta Build 2135.917, Opened Up A Music Folder To Analyze For BPM, And It Shuts Down Then Says CrashGuard Error

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 2:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It doesn't look likely that this is a regression bug.
It looks like the folder contains a file with a corrupt ID3 tag.
Try to move the files in that folder someplace else, then try to move them back in a few at a time and open the folder in vdj again.
That way you could find which file is causing the crash.
If possible it would help if you could then send this track to me.

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 2:59 am
none of my files are corrupt everything works perfectly fine with the version before

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:01 am
plus this is not just 1 folder this is every folder no matter which one i do it's the same

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ok, I did find some files that cause the crash too, it was indeed a regression bug in 2135.
Will be fixed in the next beta.

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:59 am
I am using build 2135.917 and I am having the same problem. I added a new folder and when I tried to move its postion I got the crashguard error and the program closed down. I restarted vdj8 and now when I click on the same folder the program shuts down and then re-opens itself after a few seconds.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 7:58 am
My problem was that the tag editor did not work on only some files in all my folders. Every other function worked fine.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 10:13 am
GOOGLE TRANSLATOR
Good Morning
I have a big problem with the new update version 8 B 2135.lorsque one click to open the virtual tag editor closes. (2 on my computer)
Perhaps the same occassion though he'll team treating problem is to take the time to resize the picture of French tag to the American model format because it becomes heavy and painful to be forced to have a larger box gender and visible rating.
(Request already made since the first beta version)

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 2:06 pm
i knew it was a regression bug so why as this post been moved to here, and that was in a beta update, i've uninstalled vdj8 with beta updates and installed it normally and all seems fine

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 5:36 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Guess the move was a mistake.
As you can see above does have Adion agreed with your evaluation.

Adion wrote :
Ok, I did find some files that cause the crash too, it was indeed a regression bug in 2135.
Will be fixed in the next beta.

In the meantime i only can advise you to use the latest public build.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 3:58 am
i've reversed back to public build and it's doing it again so had to go with new beta build update now fine again for god sake

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 5:16 am
Google translation
Good Morning
The team thank you for your quick reaction to problemme the tag editor

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 5:19 am
@DJNathan30 this is what comes with the territory of using beta versions.

If you're uncomfortable with a few crashes or having to revert sometimes, please disable beta builds from your account and from within VDJ 8 config/options.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 5:22 am
I am very pleased to say that this problem has now been resolved with the latest update (build 2136.918). This is what the change log says has been done to rectify the problem:-
'Fix regression causing crash reading some id3 comment tags'

Thanks to the dev team!

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 6:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)