Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sync via midi clock output bug? / missing ReWire Option in VDJ 8 on a mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am running VDJ 8.0.0 Build 2087 on a macbook pro, OS X 10.9. I did try to sync VDj 8 to several devices. Reaktor 5 Stand alone Player, U-He Diva Stand alone, Ableton Live 8.4.6 as well as Reason 8.1. via midi clock. I did try midi clock, because unfortunately ReWire in VDJ 8.0.0 is still not implemented. ( Or implemented, but still not working on a mac with OSX 10.9 and 64-bit DAW....Wich is a pitty. Would be clearly a nother plus for professional users.) So i was installing a virtual MIDI Device and use it to sync VDJ 8 with all of those devices. Basically, it did work out fine. If u load a song in a deck and all virtual wiring is correct, the midi clock slave syncs to the Beat clock of the active deck. not really tight, and I couldn't adjust any buffering or latence, but it's at least working. But then I found out something weird: SPEEDING UP the deck by pitch control, or Jog, the slave's clock was SLOWING DOWN and vice versa. Why is that?
I have a dream... If I could sync an LFO clock, a Drum Loop, or any pattern arrangement tightly to my decks in real time, that would offer just a huge playground for performance.

Now.... is it a bug?
Or did I make a mistake?
Or is it all just a dream? :-D

common.. get the rewiring option back in 64 bit and running on a mac! :-D

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 3:55 am
The reversed MIDI clock was fixed. Please update to a newer build.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 5:00 am
groovindj wrote :
The reversed MIDI clock was fixed. Please update to a newer build.

Confirmed and good to go 👌

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 7:06 pm
Si! va bene! and still hope for Rewire Implementation :-D

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 1:44 am
How do I enable midi clock in VDJ 8 , I have already downloaded the ' latest version but nothing to the MIDI clock rate does not EXITS
the Korg KP3 + nothing does not receive

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 11:22 am
You can only send MIDI clock from VDJ.

You can select where to send it by right clicking on the MIDI device listed in the controllers section of the VDJ 8 config.

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 11:33 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
lamdjvj1967 wrote :
How do I enable midi clock in VDJ 8 , I have already downloaded the ' latest version but nothing to the MIDI clock rate does not EXITS
the Korg KP3 + nothing does not receive

I have found a solution to map the Korg KP3, the problem is related to the fact that MIDI IN port have a different name respect of the MIDI OUT port, but MIDI clock now works and I will release soon a Def + Mapper ;)

@ TEAM
1) Please update the MIDI v8 WIKI http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionMIDIv8.html with:
- drivername: (optional) name of the driver
- macdrivername: (optional) name of the Mac OSX driver (if different than the PC name)
- drivernameout: (optional) name of the output driver if different
- midiin: (optional) number of the midi input interface on this computer
- midiout: (optional) number of the midi output interface on this computer

I think something of the old VDJ 7 midi Definition WIKI are still valid on VDJ 8, because I have used drivername & drivernameout to be able to recognize the KP3 in VDJ 8.

2) Add the "Midi Clock Output" on/off memory in the settings, now I need to re-enable Midi Clock Output every time I open VDJ.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 7:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)