Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Loading Songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Everyone.

I recently bought a Denon MC 6000 MK2 and it came with a full version of Serato DJ. I have always used Virtual DJ and I still do because I prefer it over Serato, my question? I have scanned some files using Serato and when I add them to the players they are added instant no scanning. Now in Virtual DJ 8 even though all my songs have been scanned and tagged when I go to add them to the players it looks like they are being scanned again as they take a while to load. This is annoying me as I don't think its right.

Can someone please offer a suggestion or a fix, or is this correct.

Thank You

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:00 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is correct behaviour.
I'm not sure if the following is still the case for v8, but in v7 when you are loading a song into a deck, the file is decrompressed into wave format. That process sure needs some time.

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:07 am
They are not scanned again.
What you see is the progress of loading the entire song into RAM.
In other words, when the waveform is loaded completely, the entire song is loaded and decompressed on your RAM. You can even unplug your HDD and the song will play just fine.
That has always been the case with VirtualDj.

Also, despite the fact that you see the song loading, you can start playing it right away, before the waveform completes loading. It does not affect playback performance

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)