Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: customizing history folder view

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to customize the view hierarchy (folder view) of the History folder?

I like the hierarchy flat:

2013-12-12 Party 1
2014-01-01 Party 2
2014-02-02 Party 3

and not like

2013-12-01 Party 1

2014-01-01 Party 2
2014-02-01 Party 3

The reason is simple. To less parties a year and too many mouseclicks with current style.

Any hint is welcome.
Thank you.

Sascha

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 12:28 pm
Me too, I refer one continuous list with most recent at the top rather than the current structure in V8.

Is there any way to change this?

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 3:05 pm
YuraDPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Yes. This will be great feature. Maybe after close of virtyal dj program save party 1. Sevond open of program starts party 2.

Posted Sun 18 Jan 15 @ 8:21 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Isn't that what the option "showM3UAsFolders" is for?

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 4:57 am
I would guess that too. I tried it out and it is not the case. I stop VDJ. Then I placed all m3u files from the subfolders of "History" in the history folder itself and delete all folders (2013,2014...). When I start VDJ it recreates the folders and move the playlists there. Same structure as before.

So "showM3UAsFolders" will not work for that.

I would expect it will be very simple to "disable" the hierachy level creation in VDJ. Just a new stetting and in case of "dontCreateHistoryFolders" disable the current sourcecode for creating it.

If there is really no option available now, do I need to add a feature request for this?

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 1:29 pm
I also was playing around with it at my gig and was looking in history and was in my automix area and didn't want a song so I moved it out of the automix area and let it go in the search area and just so happen to be a history with a play list in it and the song was added to that history. SO you can take songs out of the automicx any more, And if you do it will add it to your history and that shouldn't be the case.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 10:51 am
djsno1PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi Sasha,
In the option section, search ''M3U''
You will find ''ShowM3UAsFolders''
Hit ''No''
I created a new folder in ''History'' folder and placed all my M3U in it.
And it work like that...
(Sorry for my english, I'm french)
:)

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 9:02 am
Okay the "trick" to create an own folder (which VDJ History folder is normally not for?!) is an good workarount for this!

HavenĀ“t event though about it. The only thing you need to do manually is to move "new" history files to your own subfolder.
I still think that this has to be "build in" - the flat hierarchy or better by levels (Months or Years) - That would be great!

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 12:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)