Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Shuffle

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Virtual DJ Support Team!

I would reprot a bug in Virtual DJ 8:

If you Play Automix in Shuffle mode, he play´s the Songs every time in the same order, shuffled but in the same order.

Best Regards
Hans

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 9:52 am
Servus(hi) Hans,
I can't understand what you want to report.
let's start with the basics;
7 or 8?
pc or mac?
build?

"If you Play Automix in Shuffle mode, he play´s the Songs every time in the same order, shuffled but in the same order."
I can't check what you're saying here? can you be more presice
lg
ray

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 3:45 pm
I read it as:

He loads some songs (a small number) into Automix, shuffles them and then after they have all played, they repeat without shuffling again.

To me that seems normal. You shuffle and the result stays that way until you shuffle again. It's not random, it's shuffle!

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 3:53 pm
yeah ok, but in AM it's a big difference between "shuffle" or "shuffle once" and then combine that with "repeat" and it's a whole new ball park
edit
let's see what Hans says

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 4:02 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you want another shuffle order, just add a track to the playlist.
AFAIK, this is starting the shuffle routine to run again.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 1:51 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have 'Shuffle' mode on it should shuffle the order again after each complete play of the playlist.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 2:31 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Shuffle means the tracks being played randomly from the order displayed in automix. It does not mean they playing randomly everytime you will start automix .
As PachN explained correctly: If you add a track to exsisting automixfiles the "shuffle sequence" will re-initialize and create a new playback order. That is what you do manually by clicking shuffle once.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 3:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)