Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Genre Field

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there any way to bring that back(like in v7)? I really don't want to spend my time re arranging all my music. That's how I always seperated my tracks. Otherwise if someone has good ideas for me on a quick fix to re do my track listing? Thanks

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 1:25 am
it still exists in vdj8?
u may need to turn it on in the browser and enable it as a search field but it is defiantly still there.....

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 6:38 am
I know it still there and you can search by genre but I like being able to see the full genre list. Otherwise I would need to find a different method to organize music. Guess I'm just asking if it can be implemented into 8 easily or not. I'm sure they wont waste their time if its too much effort and only one person asking to bring it back.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 9:15 am
Ah, you mean the genre column in the folders area on the left of the browser?

You need to download My Library by dj-in-norway.

Aside from all the other useful filter folders, there's one that shows all the genres.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 9:25 am
Yes exactly groovin! Thanks, I'll take a look at that download.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 9:43 am
Glad to be of assistance!

For anyone else that wants/needs a list of genres in the folder area, simply create a filter folder and use group by Genre as the filter.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 9:50 am
Ok I messed up somehow and the Genre Folder is now under the Album list. Its still red and all the music is still there but its nested now when it should not be, I have no idea how I did this.....=)

Any help?

Michael

Posted Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 10:12 pm
Just drag it out and drop it where you want it.

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 11:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)