Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: ID3 tags in WAV files will be read - but not written back (as ID3)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi - I am new to VDJ and testing around.

I tried to update my tags e.g. Year but it won't be saved back to the ID3 tag of the WAV file.

When I change the title, the title will be written back but only into (new created) INFO chunk. This is not really good because it has no Unicode, etc. INFO chunk needn't be written anymore when ID3 tags will be saved (or make an option like ... write INFO chunk when ID3 in WAV, delete INFO chunk when ID3 in WAV, etc.)

The information from LABEL will be read also into REMIX (not REMIXER). This is wrong. (Don't know into which ID3 frame REMIX should be written - not tested with MP3, etc.).

Tested with latest offical download build 8.0.0 pc build 2094.904 - tested on Windows 7, 64bit.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 2:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Wav files do not support ID3 tags what you see as tags for wav files are database entries.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 3:09 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Wav files can have id3 tags, and they are indeed read by vdj, but indeed not yet written.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 11:34 pm
Damn and Thank you for clearing that up, I spend a lot of time writing info to wav files - only to go back to the files later on and see there's no change, least I know now not to waste my time till it gets a fix........or use that annoying Tag&Rename

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 2:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)