Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Random BPM shifting still occurs after reinstall

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm a user of Virtual DJ 8 with the Infinity license. In the last few weeks my tracks have been "flickering" in BPM randomly, meaning they go out of sync/sound bad. For example, a 124 BPM track will flick to random values between 118-126. This is a serious issue which makes the software basically unusable and actually ruined a gig for me recently. I use a Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (i7 Processor, 8gb Ram) running windows 8. I'm using a pioneer dj-ergo controller. I don't use timecode.

Thanks

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 6:55 am
Is this only recent (they used to be OK)?

Are these new tracks, with a steady tempo - not from the 60s/70s?

Does this still happen when your Ergo is not connected (could be random signals from the Ergo causing it)?

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 7:02 am
It's all new tracks. The problem started a couple of months ago so I doubt it's a hardware issue (the ERGO works with other software).

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 7:16 am
How are you aware of this "flickering"?

Are you hearing the change? Is key lock on?

Are you seeing the BPM display change? Is the CBG for each track correct and constant?

The BPM display should only change if the track has tempo variations and you've set additional beat grid anchors at those changes.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 7:32 am
The BPM changes are visible on the software, but you can also clearly hear it, so it's very obvious while mixing. I've tried it with keylock on and keylock off, neither works

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 7:40 am
Can you try it without the Ergo, just to "eliminate the suspect"?

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 7:45 am
I've tried it with no controller connected, using just the laptop - still doesn't work.

One thing I didn't mention - for some reason it's only the right hand side deck affected.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 7:49 am
Please disregard.

It now happens with all software I try. It's clearly the controller - contacting for a refund right now. Thanks for your help

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 2:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)