Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Search tab not accurate

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i type a certain name of a song in the search tab of the library ,it appears with many other un requested songs,its hard to find the requested songs and un needed songs appears is it a bug in da software? i have a mac ver latest build 2117

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 4:56 am
What exactly are you typing?

If you type a common word then you will get lots of results.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 8:30 am
i type the title and the artist name of the song ,also the filter folders needs to update auto when i press them also like compatible or bpm

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 2:09 pm
Dj sam jad wrote :
i type the title and the artist name of the song

Which is what?

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 2:24 pm
am i wrong - nico & vinz

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 2:47 pm
Well as I said earlier, if there are common words in the search then you will get lots of results.

If you search for nico vinz then it'll restrict things. Include am I wrong and it'll list every instance of am, every instance of I and every instance of wrong.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 10:44 am
I had the same problem lastnight. Now I know for a fact a have "Y.G's" "Don't Tell Em" on my drive but VDJ would not find no matter what I typed and that was just 1 example. There is something wrong with the search now. Im setting things back up and ill trouble shoot some more this morning then report back.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 10:58 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Did you try to write your track with quotation marks?

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 4:44 am
Wasn't aware that I needed to add quotation marks?? Never had to with 7 so why would I start now?

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 7:34 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You don't need to do that, but it will narrow down the search results to only tracks that contain the exact match of "Don't Tell Em".

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 7:51 am
This happens when i press filter folder then i want to search again by typing the the track 's name ,wat about auto updating in filer folders like (compatible , Bpm ) it doesnt work when i press it again when loading different track

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 9:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)