Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Beat sync of two VDJ on two Computers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there any way or do you have any ideo how can I archive a beat sync between two computers with VDJ8 running on it?

I play a song on computer A, then I setup a song on computer B with the same BPM. I like to make either manual (by button) or automatic a beat match on computer B. Both computers are in the same network.

I roughly thought about midi or timecode (I do not know if this is appropriate)?

Any suggestions what I can try? I am familar with midi but not sure if there is "the right" methods to script in VDJ.

Any help is welcome.
Thank you all.
Sascha

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 11:21 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
There was a feature on older versions that allowed you to send and recieve beat sync information over a network. This was depreciated in version 7 because it supports multiple decks. You could then run two controllers, each with their own decks, on the same system.

While you can get midi out of VDJ now, I don't believe it can recieve any thing.

Now, if you run the audio from one PC into the line in on a deck for the othee pc, VDJ calculates the beat signal from that feed. I know visual effects like milkdrop react to the beat. I don't not know how well other decks will sync to it. You'll have to give it a try.

This is not really a bug, and should probably be in the general forum. If the network feature is what you want, you should post in the wish list.

Max

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 1:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)