Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: How to Record a session with VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NextBDJHome userMember since 2014
Hey guys,
Ive been trying to figure out how to record a session for a couple of days now lol. I've done all the tutorials and such but it comes down to the audio config settings not letting me chose my cdj400's as the recording input. It automatically sets it to my macs built in mic and doesn't have anything else in the drop down to choose from.
Cheers

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 7:43 pm
hi user
do you have them going into a mixer?
if so then just take an output from it(booth/headphones/rec) and plug it into your mic input!

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 8:32 pm
what kind of jack do i need for that? Evidently the outputs from the mixer are RCA so they don't go into my microphone jack on my DJM 400

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 5:07 pm
NO! Don't plug the mixer output back into the mic input of the same mixer!

You should also not be choosing the CDJ400s as a recording input in VDJ.

What kit exactly do you have, and what are you trying to do? Are you playing CDs on the CDJ400s or using them as USB controllers for VDJ?

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 5:23 pm
Im using them as usb controllers. and don't worry I didn't plug anything into my mic input lmao. All I'm trying to do is record audio thats coming from my master channel into a file. (simplest way put) but when I go to the record option drop down list it only lets me choose my built in microphone. Which obviously records everything that is coming out of my speaker into my computer via mic.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 5:48 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Record or booth output from your mixer with RCA to 3.5mm jack cable in your audio in or mic in from your laptop.
Select record from audio options and then the microfone or audio in input.
That's it

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 6:04 pm
What Mac do you have, user9639662? My understanding is that some Macs don't have mic/line input sockets.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 6:35 pm
Newer generation Mac retina. They discontinued making them with CD drives so I'm assuming they stopped making them with line/mic in inputs.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 7:23 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Oh sorry i didn't notice that your laptop doesn't have any audio in. A solution would be an external usb soundcard that has audio in.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 10:38 am
Makes sense lol thanks bro

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 2:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)