Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Automix load on a specif deck, wrong deck load

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Build: 2117.901
I tested a simple setup where I like:

Deck 1 = Automix
Deck 2 = AUX input

The problem is, when I enable auto, automix load in Deck 2 and disable my AUX input.

I tried to:

-Drag first song deck 1, then enable automix, but automix load at deck 2 and disable AUX input
-Unload deck 1 (A) first --> the same issue
-Select deck 1 (A) first -> the same issue
-Try crossfader left/right -> the same issue

What is the logic behind that the automux will start at deck 2 where I already had my AUX input active?
It would be very helpful if I can select the deck for automix.

Thanks
Sascha

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 12:32 am
Hi Sascha
Have you got "automix dual deck" disabled?

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 4:21 am
I forgot to mention that according to the manual automix will load in the deck which will be played via master. I can not confirm that. The test which I did, the deck 2 (B) with AUX enabled had the fader volume at 0. Deck 1 (A) at maximum.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 4:22 am
Hi raypitman,

yes, automix dual deck is disabled and automix works if load in one deck as expected. No switchover to other decks. The only issue is the "first" load with click on automix and load in the wrong deck.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 4:24 am
I just tried it and noticed that AM will start on the deck where the crossfader is at max ... even though I had selected the other deck. Strange.
I'm not sure if the AUX in is having an effect, I can't test that.
was this also happening in the last build?

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 4:38 am
Yes, Build: 2117.901

I haven´t verifed, but I guess this is only because AUX was enabled. Otherwise a lot of users must had complain about that

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 4:59 am
I did a retest in build 2126.904. It is the same issue.

If use 2 decks layout and you enable AUX input on one deck, Automix will not be loaded in the other deck. It will stop AUX and Automix load in that deck.
VDJ, could you please add this issue to the tasklist.

It would be very good if user can decide in which deck Automix will be loaded.

Thank you.
Sascha

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 10:09 am
NO!

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 5:36 pm
Okay, maybe I missed that point. Why? Even if most users will not like it!? If it is Scriptable, that would be okay for me, too.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 10:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I just tried, and if I have a track playing at deck 1, and AUX active (but muted) in deck 2 and enable automix then it continues automix on deck 1.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 1:42 am
Right! But if you just load a track form the playlist in deck A and don´t play it now, then enable AUX deck B

--> Autoplay will disable AUX in deck B and loaded here the Automix.

I don´t understand that. Why I need to play the deck where I loaded the first song of the playlist just to continue automix in that deck?
I doublecheck if that behavour changed with volume 0% of AUX, but it don´t matter.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 10:03 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The idea is that automix when enabled continues playback on the deck that was playing.
If you have your aux enabled then it is most likely that that's where the sound is coming from, so vdj tries to continue playback from there.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 10:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)