Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Is there any way to exclude midi device from use of VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have some midi devices that VDJ sould not open. I know that I can make them busy by open these midi ports by other programs before start of VDJ but this is not always possible.

Thanks
Sascha

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:17 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In the controller window, set the mapping to 'ignore'.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:19 pm
Set the mapping to 'ignore' (User Manual page 81).

EDIT Scott beat me to it :-)

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:21 pm
ah, ok ignore mean not ignor mapping it mean to not open the MIDI device. Okay then I understand.

Thank you!!!

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:36 pm
My question is back now due to another Setup that I have. If I ignor all midi devices that I do not need in VDJ and I did a Windows restart, VDJ recreate every time new custom mappers and remove all "ignor" flags.

This happen only after restart of Windows and not if I restart VDJ during a Windows session.

May it be the case that a virtual Midi device (e.g. loopMIDI) recreate a new unique ID on any restart of Windows and VDJ though - oh, new devices!, so delete all ignor flags?
I have 2 Midi devices with custom mapping that I use with VDJ. These are not touched and working fine. 6 others I do not need.

What can I do the really disable the devices? Can I create a kind of device-file where I disable it?
Or may it be possible in future builds to improve the "ignor" function?

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 12:24 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you check in your settings.xml the entries for controllersCustomization?
The devices with no definition (such as probably the virtual midi ports you have) should look like SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0.
I would expect the last 2 numbers to be fixed all the time however (they seem to be for LoopBe)
If they do change on every restart you should see more entries appearing in your settings.xml every time.

Posted Thu 05 Feb 15 @ 2:12 am
If I do not disable one or more of the 6 midi devices, the SIMPLE_MIDI_X_X files stay the same number also after reboot. I have 3 of the files.

If I disable the device via "ignor" after VDJ restart I got 2 copies if the 1st-File, 3 copies of the 2nd-File and 4 copies of the 3rd files in the mappper folder. The files have basically the same name but a (1) (2)... at the end of the filename.

After a restart and start of VDJ, the number of SIMPLE_MIDI_X_X files are still the same, but they are not set to ignor in VDJ. All are set to the custom mapping files with the (1) or (2)...

If I set the "ignor" for all 6 controller again, even double of the files I mention was created now as copy (4), (5) (6)...
If I look in VDJ first they are disabled, but after a VDJ restart, the are mapped now again.

So I was not 100% right with the Windows restart. You can reproduce this as well if you restart VDJ.

Posted Thu 05 Feb 15 @ 12:08 pm
Can be marked as solved. Work from b2151.

Manny thanks!

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 10:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)