Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Send Beat Clock like the Beat Keeper to midi out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I need a midi clock signal of the master output for use with lighting. I have read something about a setting of VDJ7 "SendMidiClockTo". Is this deprecated? If not, would this fulfill my requirements and will it be available in near future?

Thanks a lot.
Sascha

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 7:01 am
MIDI clock is available in VDJ 8, although it's not particularly obvious or visible....

Open the config window and select 'controllers'. On the list of controllers (top left) you need to right click on your MIDI interface/output and select 'MIDI Clock Output'.

If you're planning on sending the signal to DMX software then you'll need to use a 'virtual patchbay', and choose that as your output in VDJ, then as your input in the DMX software.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 7:07 am
okay, very good feature. What I wondering is, that I can select many HW midi devices, but no virtual like http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator.
Is there any rule when the "MIDI Clock Output" appears and when not? It just not appear in the dropdown menui with all my virtual midi ports (also output)? I verify with other programs, that I can succussful open these virtual ports and also send them MIDI Clock.

In addition does anyone has a good solution to convert midi clock to midi notes? I tried already my friend google but I was not lucky with the results.

Thanks at all.
Sascha

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 12:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If they are output devices they should show up.
LoopBe is working for me, so you may want to give that a try.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 12:38 pm

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 12:45 pm
LoopBe works fine, thank you.

Even though the setting to use LoopMIDI as MIDI Clock Output is no saved on VDJ exit. Even if I press save for a custom mapping. I also try to assign a mapping. The mapping was saved in the XML but not the flag for MIDI Clock Output.

Might this be a minor bug?

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:04 pm
I think that was supposed to have been fixed in build 2087. What build are you running?

@Atomix it would be very useful if we could see which build people were currently using under their forum name.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:13 pm

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:24 pm
Beside saving the settings I found out that the clock is fine as long as you do not touch the pitch slider. If you increase the pitch, clock goes down and if you decrease, clock goes up.
I would expect opposide behaviour.

Could you please check this, too.

Thanks.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 11:15 pm
THIS ^^

The samething here!! At first I thought I was going crazy. It's as if VDJ's clock is sending a backwards signal.........

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 7:20 am
That deserves a facepalm!

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 8:49 am
I am happy that I could help to create such cute girl inside VDJ ;-)

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 8:58 am
Have either of you fellas logged this as a bug yet??

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 10:17 am
Is there another specific place to report this or is that in responsibility of VDJ Forum members to catch this up?

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 10:27 am
This is the bug report forum! :-)

I don't have access to the bug tracker.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 10:37 am
Well let's hope someone took notice and it'll be fixed in a future build 👍

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 8:20 am
Maybe mention it in specific detail in the regression bugs forum (where devs are most likely to see it)....

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 8:32 am
This is fixed as well in Build 2126.906.

Perfect!

Thanks a lot.
Sascha

Posted Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 10:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)