Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Multiple tickets... no answer.. timecode skip

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

apedjPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've noticed many posts on timecode skipping, in relative mode, when reactivating the timecode. Support has gotten horrible lately. Can anyone tell me if this there was a workaround? How can VirtualDJ say their software has improved timecode when the functions don't work right?

Posted Thu 25 Dec 14 @ 3:12 am
Bro it's Christmas today!! Give it a rest today...........

Posted Thu 25 Dec 14 @ 5:09 pm
And that would be logical.. if this wasn't an issue from October.

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 2:13 am
Sorry... May. Forgot that was when I brought it up (as well as another user here on the forums)

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 2:14 am
Well whatever Alls I saw was that you opened this thread on Christmas Day and we both know it's not getting answered on that day.

Now as to your problem, I agree that it shouldn't skip but it's not that big of a deal to me as our clubs are smoke free as well as my house.

As for your support tickets I can't comment as mine have always been answered.

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 6:01 pm
apedj wrote :
Sorry... May. Forgot that was when I brought it up (as well as another user here on the forums)

This may have been me - and I'm still having that struggle.
What works for me most of the time is dropping the needle a bit further from where ist was before. When just dis- and enabling timecode without changing the needle position, it still skips or at least pitch bends.

This is one of the major bugs in timecode use that don't seem to have been looked into in months. I love most of what Atomix did in 8, but I still cannot use it for gigs as I use v7.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 1:16 am
Let's put it dis way timecode still need performance issues fix.still need improvements with timecode vinyl. And the the timecode button on the software need to be fixed. And the Dev team should explain how timecode work good and what setting are good for timecode vinyl so it works good for u like what needles are good to use for this software show us how to use it so it can work good for user to .I still don't see nobody from the outside use timecode vinyl for VDJ 8 besides the YouTube videos it only like 4 of them

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 2:06 am
After my ticket and questions have been ignored, the moved it to closed without an answer.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 1:58 pm
THIS IS FOR TIMECODE VINYL

I just did a new years party using CDJ TIMECODE with serato CD timecode this is the first time i use CD timecode and it works better than TIMECODE VINYL something is wrong with TIMECODE VINYL with timecode vinyl when scratching there is performance issue and i am using for needle m44-7 shure my wiring is new the timecode vinyl single is good but when i scratch there is some glitches it like i lose the timecode single and it come back and then i look on audioconfig for timecode my single is fine and i scratch looking at the single the scratch sound get a glitch when scratching it does not do this at all with CD TIMECODE and with CD TIMECODE ON THE software THE button to turn on and off TIMECODE work fine with CD TIMECODE not WITH TIMECODE VINYL.can u plese help with this issue it been like this for 2 month now AND I AM ON THE LATEST BUILD TO .SO dev team CAN WE PLEASE look at this issue i am a battle dj to and i can not get my routine wright because a get some performance and glitches issue when i practice.THANK u very much.

Posted Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 10:30 pm
apedj wrote :
After my ticket and questions have been ignored, the moved it to closed without an answer.

Hi,

I have just looked into your most recent ticket and can see that the information was passed to the development team for them to look at the issue.
There is only so much, as a support team we can do and sometimes issues need to be passed to development in order to rectify.

If the development team need futher information then they will contact you directly in order to get this.

Please also remember that it is holiday season and not everyone is working at this time. But rest assured that your issue is not being ignored but simply passed to a higher level for resolution.

Thanks

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 5:03 am
Support staff wrote :
"... that the information was passed to the development team for them to look at the issue."

That's what I was hoping for to happen since this obviously cannot be fixed with settings.
Thanks for the feedback, happy new year!

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 6:57 am
Support staff wrote :
apedj wrote :

Hi,

I have just looked into your most recent ticket and can see that the information was passed to the development team for them to look at the issue.
There is only so much, as a support team we can do and sometimes issues need to be passed to development in order to rectify.
If the development team need futher information then they will contact you directly in order to get this.

Please also remember that it is holiday season and not everyone is working at this time. But rest assured that your issue is not being ignored but simply passed to a higher level for resolution.

Thanks

Thanks! I knew this was beyond support, but this is an issue that has been going on since VDJ8 came out. The Devs need to get this fixed ASAP or VirtualDJ's claims of a superior timecode engine are completely false.

However, I do appreciate the response. Glad to see this is being looked at!

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 1:12 pm
apedj -

Who was your support staff member?

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 1:44 pm
FINALLY!
AFK testing...

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 3:56 pm
inDOKnito wrote :
FINALLY!
AFK testing...

Okay, the first quick test helps a lot reducing my trust issues with 8.
I tried
- Virtual Vinyl
- Serato CV02
- Traktor MK2
- mixvibes
all in smart mode and it all worked most of the times.
I cannot figure out a pattern for when it doesn't work (maybe it's the smart mode - I didn't test relative since I don't care about relative that much), but anyway that was minor bends/glitches so at this point I would not be afraid to clean the needle and then turn TC back on while playing a track to the PA.

Thank you so much support and development!

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 4:33 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Issue solved!!!!!!

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)