Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Software freeze and sound stops

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi , I am having problems with vdj v7&8. I have recently purchased a new toshiba laptop with windows 8 installed. Once I down loaded my vdj full version software from my licence page and installed, when I play tracks It can work for 2 min or an hour before it he interface freezes and I loose sound. The track still plays in the virtual deck but my controller does nothing. I have set the audio speakers to the denon sc2900 in the sound set up but still it will not work. Can someone advise how to fix this. This is very frustrating when I have paid for the licence and the software will not work. My set up is denon sc2900 x2 controller with behringer external mixer. Any advice would be a great help.

Posted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 3:18 pm
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
have you a nvidia graphics card?

Braenzu

Posted Thu 25 Dec 14 @ 6:12 am
Hi, Not sure what the graphic card is, never looked, I will check later. I have just istalled a new software update from V1030 to V1168 for both my denon units so I will give this a try. Not sure if the updated VDj versions were not compatable with the earlier version software in the units. I have deleted VDj from my Pc but will now re install. Hopefully this will now all work properly now.

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 5:49 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
i have the same problem.
sometimes i can play only 2 min, then its freeze! or i can play 2-3 hour and the system freeze complete.
i have this problem only with hdmi or vga connection! without any connection the system runs perfect (and i play only video files) so there must be something wrong with the video/graphics settings but i don't know what....
with vdj7 i don't have this problem so i think there must be something wrong in the inside of the vdj8 version.

Braenzu

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 6:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)