Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: HID SUPPORT! Does anyone official ever read & reply posts? VDJ8 Is pants...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone official ever read & reply posts with something resembling a remedy to our problems?

Getting narked off with it now, bought a Pro Licence with the promise of lifetime upgrades and support.

Had one remote session with a tek (who managed a temp fix but only MIDI) but cant get an answer about using my Gemini CDJ700's in HID mode with an external mixer.

VDJ8 is laggy, inaccurate on the jog wheels, changes pitch, skips beats, the waveform doesnt work most of the time etc etc... Got an 8gb i5 laptop which worked fine with VDJ7.

£160, should have got Traktor. Sort it out Virtual DJ. Not a happy bunny.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 3:31 pm
...oh and just did an update, maximised the screen now its fxxxxxg vanished every time I open it, gonna have to uninstall - again!

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 3:34 pm
Rest assured that this will be seen by the development team and looked at.

If they require more information they will be in touch.

Posted Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 4:59 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can side with him a bit here. I understand that the team is reading these. However I have some serious issues as well that have gone relatively unanswered on the forum. I understand this process is time consuming (diagnose / fix). But no response is concerning.

If I need to open a ticket, I am more than willing to do so. But in the past they have gone unanswered and pushed to the forum when I tried to elevate it. I guess it would help if there were at least some acknowledgement of "we see your problem and are working on it" or "can you help us understand it....". I get that you see us, just concerned you may ignore a problem because you don't have my particular set up and errors associated with it.

Posted Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 4:05 pm
... So Xmas gigs/ NYE coming up and still no answer on this?

Can't use VDJ8as intended and cant be bothered reinstalling VDJ 7 which also has issues with duplicating decks etc etc that no one official wants to help with.

Traktor is looking good right now...

Happy xmas.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 4:09 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hi,

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. You don't have any support tickets open and we can't see chat sessions so unfortunately I have no history to work with other than your previous forum posts.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/188843/x/

djdad was attempting to work with you on it here back in June when you stopped responding. He is actually one of the team you need to speak to as he is the boss of all things controller related in VDJ and offered to get you a working built in mapping as we can't really support definitions or mappings provided by others.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 6:44 pm
Hi chaps,
Thanks for the replies, didn't realise you two were staff.

This DJing lark isn't my full time job and I'm always busy with my 24/7 job so apologies if I didn't quite finish up on previous threads.

I know VDJ8 is still developing but with my limited spare time I want to actual get some mixes done and not spend countless hours banging my head against a wall trying to get some software working that's way more expensive than other available options and I understand because of the vast amount of kit that can be used with vdj that issues will arise as you can't test every single rig up prior to release. Still, as a consumer with precious spare time, it frustrates the hell out of me when it doesn't work properly.

I will email DJ Dad asap as I do have a couple of gigs soon and if I can't get VDJ8 working then I'll have to go back to 7 for now which is disappointing because I can see how much better 8 COULD be.

Cheers.

Posted Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 1:33 am
Hi guys, update on this. I followed the steps in the link to my previous post (sorry, first time i saw that) and managed to get the decks working correctly, it seems when vdj8 updated all my HID mappers/ device files disappeared. I also disabled inbuilt definitions as stated.

The only issue I have for now is that the jogs still lag a bit when scratching, not massively but enough to notice. I managed to better this by decreasing the buffer length to the minimum but still, its noticeable.

Do you guys have any tips to get the jog accuracy a bit better?

Cheers.

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 2:14 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
SBDJ wrote :
...You don't have any support tickets open and we can't see chat sessions so unfortunately I have no history to work with...

Just while we are on the subject, I have a current open unanswered support ticket. Had to pester Adion on an un related email. I understand it is a holiday week and don't expect next day answers, but unanswered support tickets has happened to me in the past too. That is why I gave up on that system.

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 3:26 pm
Not really the place to discuss this but I've had a look back through your ticket history as far as the system will permit me and I can't see any unanswered ones bar your latest. Your last ticket before this was 5 years ago :)

So I had a look through your recent threads and came across this:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/196408/x/

Which said this:

Adion wrote :
The headphone fader takes precedence over pfl buttons and auto-headphones, so automatic selection will only work if the fader is all the way to the left.

Which to me reads that this is working as Adion has intended. Your best bet is to continue the discussion in that thread rather than hijacking this one :)

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 7:44 pm
SBDJ, Thanks for pointing out the info I missed on a previous thread of mine which has actually solved the cloning issue.

What DHoude is getting at is it seems we don't always get replies and VDJ8 does semntonhave a lot of unsolved issues.

Do I need to start a new thread for the jog latency issue for an answer? Sorry but guess my forum etiquette is lacking?

Cheerts

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 4:08 am
Ok,

Cancel that last one. It appears having a look in the settings and messing with 'ScratchFilterQuality' sorts this out.

I've set it to 500, default was 8. Tried up to 1000 and the responsivness was getting beyond my (limited) scratching skills. DMC candidate I am not!

Gotta say I'm now impressed with the accuracy of VDJ8 using my Gemini's and reckon they would give the Pioneers a run for their money.

Happy Bunny again.

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 6:01 am
darthells2009 wrote :
SBDJ, Thanks for pointing out the info I missed on a previous thread of mine which has actually solved the cloning issue.

I must admit I hadn't noticed that in the thread either, glad it's sorted :)

darthells2009 wrote :
What DHoude is getting at is it seems we don't always get replies and VDJ8 does semntonhave a lot of unsolved issues.

I appreciate that - the support staff do what we can but unfortunately there are times that the replies we can give are limited - sometimes it just requires development input.

darthells2009 wrote :
Do I need to start a new thread for the jog latency issue for an answer? Sorry but guess my forum etiquette is lacking?

Not at all, seems relevant to this thread, you carry on :)

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 6:20 am
darthells2009 wrote :
Cancel that last one. It appears having a look in the settings and messing with 'ScratchFilterQuality' sorts this out.

That's worth noting, thanks for letting us know.

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 6:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)