Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: AIFF Song Name and Artist tag info lost after restart

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello, so the AIFF tag reading works well. But i have found that after restarting VDJ 8 the tag info for Artist and Song name are lost (reverts back to file name info). it is like VDJ does not write the Artist and Song name from the tag to the database. However it did write the Comments, Group, Genre, Composer. This still happens in Beta 2090. See below

Start (unscanned) info from file name

After tag rescan (note remix and expanded artist info shows up)

After restarting VDJ, info is back to the same as screen shot 1

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 4:13 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
So after some digging and insistence that this feature does work. I have found that partially yes, this does work. BUT if you are having problems like me, you need to delete your existing VDJ 8 DBs (in VDJ folder and secondary drives). Then move your VDJ 7 database to somewhere, where it will not be picked up. You can put that back later if you still use 7 in public like I do.

Then start VDJ 8 and re add everything and rescan everything. Now it saves the information for me. Not sure if having a DB that was created by an older build of VDJ 8 was the issue. But at one point I deleted and readded everything, I am just not sure if VDJ 8 grabbed the VDJ 7 DB for that drive (which is likely the case).

Either way it did not work until I deleted all VDJ 8 and 7 DBs and rescanned. Not sure if VDJ 8 can't "repair" or "upgrade" AIFF capabilities in older builds of DB. That may be an area to look, but this is my work around. Guess I just have to deal with loosing all my existing data... At least it works now

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 1:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)