Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pitch quality / glitch and scratching - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Pitch quality need to be fix on timecode vinyl the pitchquality is bad on 1 when mixing the pitch of track goes to fast and then goes normal it throw u of beat a lot when trying to mix .I am using Serato SL3 soundcard Serato vinyl external mixer.and there is a glitch when scratching especially when there no beat and just words and u scratch there is a glitch and in the beginning of the track this happen to a lot I try pitch quality on 0 &1 & 2 samething on scratching but when I but pitch quality on -1 just like that the scratch is good but not the sound so I can not keep it like that need help very badly DEV team please. Very annoying

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 5:50 am
Just stumbled across this post and wondered if there had been any developments. I am using a Numark NS6 and I have the same issues in regards to the glitches. Just as the original post states this seems to occur 'when there is no beat and just words and u scratch.' I have found that if I change the pitch quality to 1 or 2 this eliminates the glitches but the sound quality suffers drastically. I worked out that this was due to the fact that I have Master Tempo on. After reading this post I tried setting the pitch quality to -1 and this does stop the glitches and doesn't seem to affect the sound quality as much as the other settings, but it's still not ideal. I will have a good mixing session using the -1 pitch quality and see how it goes, but this issue has been bugging me for a while and I hope it gets addressed asap. I have a short 10 second recording to demonstrate the glitching sound but I don't know if I would be able to upload it.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 12:08 pm
Please upload a video this been driving me crazy to for like 3 months now i did a video in the timecode page and they told me that it is being look at and i am still waiting. At least i am not the only 1 I started to think that it was my computer and it wasn't I try it on another computer and I am still getting that glitch so it has to be the software this does not happen when I use Serato .so Dev please look at this issue. Thanks

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 3:32 am

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 6:30 am
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have uploaded the 10 second clip of the audio glitches I was referring to. I am slowly scratching on my jogwheels at the start of the track

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 7:36 am
i can not see the video

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 8:43 am
It's not a video. It's a 10 second audio clip that I recorded usin vdj 8.

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 10:41 am

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 1:57 pm
yeah i heard it i have the same problem using turntables dvs windows 8.1

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 2:47 pm
Thanks. I was beginning to think that it was due to my pc not being powerful enough, but it's obviously a bug in the software. I was hoping that it would have been resolved with the updates but so far no luck.

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 3:14 pm
Man that sounds ugly, is that only during slow drags??

Ive been using the VDJ vinyl or the Serato and its been pretty flawless for me. For my soundcard I use either an Rane SL3 or my Pioneer DJM T1 and everything is nice and crispy. And this is with either my Mac or PC.

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 3:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You said it doesn't occur with pitch quality -1, 1 or 2 though.
It is NOT recommended to have pitchQuality on 0.
If you don't need mastertempo at all, then -1 will provide the best sound quality, but otherwise you should use 1 or 2.

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 9:57 pm
I've read my original post and I've actually explained my problem incorrectly. If I set the pitch quality to 0 or 1 then get the glitches (however they don't seem to occur all the time) but the audio starts to sound like it's under water! I worked out this was due to the fact that I have master tempo on and if I turn off master tempo then the audio sounds fine, but I like to use this feature so I won't be turning this off. Now, if I set the pitch quality to 2 (and have the master tempo on) the audio sounds fine but this is when I get the glitching sounds and they are far more noticeable. This is the setting that I have been using because apart from the glitches it's the only one that gives the best overall sound quality. However I have been experimenting with the -1 setting and there appears to be no glitching whatsoever. I hope that all makes sense and thanks for the replies.

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 7:08 am
I am having the same issue but with timecode vinyl

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:30 am
There has been a few updates to vdj 8 but still this 'glitching' problem exists. Has this problem been recognized by the dev team? I've had to live with this issue for quite a while now which makes me think it's not being addressed at all.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 6:58 am
I feel the same way what going on DEV team we need some help.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 8:09 am
DEV please look at timecode vinyl when scratching there is a glitch using windows 8.1 sl3 soundcard serato timecode vinyl this glitch is not happening on a mac book please who in charge of timecode vinyl on the DEV team there is a problem when scratching i try everything on the software setting and nothing on a mac book this is not happening i try it on my friend mac book and scratching is good windows it is not my computer is ASUS Q55LOF I7 16 GB RAM GRAPHIC CARD IS NVIDIA GEFORCE 745M .PLEASE i am a heavy scratchier and do tricks to i'm not able to this because of the glitch. on serato this does not happen i do not no why this is happening to VDJ 8.Please let me know what i can do to fix this .thank u

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 11:48 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Please do not post the same message across forums. I know the Dev Team is reading every post.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 12:02 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
Please do not post the same message across forums. I know the Dev Team is reading every post.

so can i get some help here this been for almost 3 month now.

its like nobody scratches on vdj and i do not mean baby scratches i do heavy scratching nobody is noticing this problem what going on?

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 8:18 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why don't you make a video to explain your issue.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 8:20 pm
87%