Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video not working reliably in Version 8.0.0 mac build 2087.896

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had switched back from Serato Video DJ to VDJ8.. and all has been stable and working without error until I accept the new update Version 8.0.0 mac build 2087.896 -- Impact: Video after a transition will sometimes dim and not recover. Video after transition sometimes dis appear. When attempting to recover by clicking video signal mast on and off to recover results in fullscreen video on the mac laptop with no VDJ on the external monitors.
So I guess it's back to Serato and hope that I can return to VDJ 8 after video issues created in the last update has been resolved. Love VDJ8. Like Serato but prefer to be in the much more full featured VDJ8. Thanks for all you are continue to do for VDJ8. Only thing missing once the video is stable is stable is the ability to scroll test messages across the screen.

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 8:40 pm
Worked with VDJ 8 some more.. seems that the video problem occurs following a transition. Turned off Random transitions and it seem to solve the problem... Will do another video mix tomorrow and see if that solves the problem. Will post back my results. Wish there was a way to rollback this update. The previous build was holding and working perfectly. Tried to bring it back from by time-machine backup... but my time machine must be on the blink cause... could find it anywhere in my time machine backups. Apparently time machine won't let you restore from the applications folder. UGH.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:35 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:39 am
Yes I have installed additional VDJ8 transitions but only ones from the downloads section of VDJ Web Site which were listed as for VDJ8. The transition problem and dimmed or blacked out screens occur with both internal transitions and those that have been added from downloads. Again the problem only has surfaced since the latest upgrade listed above.Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP111.0138.B11
SMC Version (system): 2.16f68
Serial Number (system): C02LK71DFH01
Hardware UUID: 6A26E596-BAA7-5EE9-AA64-2C899B815D4D
----------------------------------------
Chipset Model: Intel Iris
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0a2e
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: Retina LCD
Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina
Retina: Yes
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 10:10 am
I will uninstall all non-native installed transitions, give it a test and report back here.
Again, I have used VDJ8 extensively at night club gigs over the past couple of months and had no problems until the recent update. I appreciate hearing from someone quickly. Thanks.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 10:16 am
JarheadDJ wrote :
Worked with VDJ 8 some more.. seems that the video problem occurs following a transition. Turned off Random transitions and it seem to solve the problem... Will do another video mix tomorrow and see if that solves the problem. Will post back my results. Wish there was a way to rollback this update. The previous build was holding and working perfectly. Tried to bring it back from by time-machine backup... but my time machine must be on the blink cause... could find it anywhere in my time machine backups. Apparently time machine won't let you restore from the applications folder. UGH.

You can use this link to download previous builds
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/193007/Beta_Builds_Regression_Bugs/how_to_download_previous_builds.html

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 10:40 am
Thanks for the role back link. I be testing the current version without added transitions later today. Great to know there is a solution if that doesn't work!!

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 12:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)