Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: .ZIP files don't display video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I drag a .ZIP file (with CDG and MP3) from the Finder on my Mac, I don't see video.

This is how I find most of my files and drag them in, have been doing it with VDJ7 for a while, and just got VDJ8. Caused a big problem at a gig on Saturday where I spent the first hour unable to play a karaoke with video other than .mp4s I had. 98% of my music is in .zip so I need those to work.

Phone support verified for me that it also happens to him.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 3:59 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
A problem with drag and drop of zip files from outside VDJ has been identified and a resolution being worked on :)

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 4:36 am
Thanks, any idea how long this might take?

SBDJ wrote :
A problem with drag and drop of zip files from outside VDJ has been identified and a resolution being worked on :)

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 6:51 pm
I noticed that there was an update to the software, and noticed that Unicode in .zip file formats was one of the fixes. I did some testing - some of the .zip files from outside of it work (the first 25 or 30 I tried worked) but not all of them work - I found at least 5 last night which still lose video when dragged in from outside the software.

Sean Arenas wrote :
Thanks, any idea how long this might take?

SBDJ wrote :

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 3:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)